chapter 21

I never trust a playboy, but they love me ~TS, i did something bad

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Give it back!"

I swipe at Luke's hand but he jerks it and my coffee out of reach. I watch with a scowl as he takes another long sip of it before setting it back down on the table right on top of my history notes. I sigh in annoyance and move it to my other side where he can't reach it. I grab his coffee from the edge of the table and slam it down right in front of him. 

"That" I point to his cup. "is the coffee you ordered. An americano. Drink it. You spent ten minutes making fun of me for being 'basic' when I ordered my iced coffee with vanilla sweet cream cold foam and caramel drizzle, and now here you are drinking it and not touching your sophisticated coffee you were so proud of ordering." I shove his cup closer to him and snatch my cup off the table, drinking a long sip through the straw while glaring at him. 

He then starts laughing insanely loud, and successfully draws all the eyes in the coffee shop to us. An apologetic grimace shows on my face as I stomp on Luke's foot and hiss at him to shut up. I've been here for almost two hours, tutoring Luke for our upcoming test. There's a lot of material to cover and Luke's mostly been good at keeping himself focused, but we've been bickering plenty in between lessons. 

"We're almost done, ok? Let's just review this last section." I pull my notes closer to us and we continue to study for another thirty minutes. 

"Wait. So the Egyptians used papyrus make paper?" Luke asks. 

"Yeah, a lot of ancient civilizations used the plant. For paper and for lots of other things."

"They made paper out of a plant? That's pretty impressive." He says with raised brows. 

I furrow my brows. "What do you mean?"

"I mean what I just said. I didn't know you could make paper from a plant."

I stare at him. "Luke what? Paper is made from a plant. A tree." I say slowly. 

"Paper? Like this paper right here," He picks up my notebook paper. "was made from a tree?" He looked at me like I was a five year old trying to convince him unicorns were real. 

"Um. Yes!" I look at him incredulously. 

"Ok James. Whatever you say." He makes a face and turns back to the notes. 

I let out an almost hysterical laugh. "Luke are you kidding me? I'm serious. Paper's made from trees. That's common sense for fucks sake." I throw my hands up. 

"You might wanna lower your voice. People are staring. You're embarrassing us." 

My face heats up and I clench my fists to keep from punching him. He looks at my red face and starts laughing. I eventually start laughing with him because what else am I supposed to do. He's driving me crazy. I put my head down on top our notes and groan in frustration as Luke keeps laughing. 

"You giving her hell?" I hear someone say. 

"She's just being dramatic." Luke responds. 

I lift my head and see Noah standing in front of our table smiling. I breathe a sigh of relief and stand up, gathering the papers strewn across the table. 

"Thank god. I cannot do this anymore." I say jokingly to Noah. 

Noah said he'd meet me at the coffee shop after our session and we'd go eat together. He's taking me to go get sushi. Since he's captain of the hockey team, he's busy a lot and I don't get to see him as much as I'd like to. He's noticed how we barely see each other lately and he's trying to spend more time with me. I can tell he's putting in extra effort, probably because of me just coming back to town and with everything that's happened.