chapter 26

Now you try on calling me baby like trying on clothes ~ TS, king of my heart

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Angel.

Luke's voice speaking that word to me has been replaying in my mind the whole walk back to the hotel. I don't know if it was his sexy voice, the way he said it, or the nickname itself, but I loved it. I smile to myself as I walk next to Luke. He opens the hotel door and we walk through the lobby to the elevator. I finish the last of my water as the elevator door opens and we both step inside.  

Luke's jacket is still around my shoulders which gives me a perfect view of the white button down he's wearing. The material hugs his arms and chest in a way that makes all his toned muscles even more defined. The rolled up sleeves are not helping in my attempt to stop staring. His hair is messy and disheveled like he's run his fingers through it one too many times. My alcohol clouded mind drifts to thoughts of me running my fingers through his hair. 

I drag my eyes away for I end up doing something stupid. The cold metal of the elevator wall seeps through my jacket as I lean against it. I start to hum 'Love You Like a Love Song' by Selena Gomez to fill the silence of the elevator without my mouth saying something stupid. 

When the doors open again, I take a step forward and stumble slightly to the side. Luke catches my arm and steadies me. I mumble an apology and he keeps his grip on my arm as we walk down the hall to my room. I open my little clutch and dig around for my room key. Luke stands silently beside me. I look at him and raise my brows. 

"I have no confidence whatsoever that you can get yourself into bed alone."

I give my best fake offended face. "Have a little faith. But if this is your excuse to keep me company in bed tonight..." I trail off suggestively. 

He rolls his eyes but can't hold back a smile. "Just open the door, James."

I sigh and resume my search for the room key. I know I put it in here before I left but I don't see it. and this bag is so small, I would have seen it by now. I look up at Luke and pinch my lips together in a half grimace half apologetic smile. 

"What? Don't tell me you forgot it." His face sobers. 

"No I swear I put it in here, but I don't see it." 

He takes my purse from me and crouches on the ground. He opens it and dumps everything out onto the floor. Thank god I didn't have any tampons in there. I crouch next to him but its obvious to both of us that there's no room key in the pile. I grab my wallet and flip through it, but nothing. 

Luke sighs and runs a hand down his face. "Shit. I guess when I dropped your bag, it fell out."

I look at him with a confused expression. He shakes his head and stands back up with me following. "What about Millie? Does she have a key?" 

"No. She wasn't planning on coming back to our room. Plus if she did, I doubt we'd be able to get it from her now." No way I'm walking in on whatever the hells going on in Bennett's room. 

"Ok well just come in my room and I'll go down to the front desk and ask if I can get an extra key. If there's even anyone down there." He walks to his room across the hall and opens it with his key. 

I walked into his room and looked around. It looks the same as mine and Millie's. Two queen beds, bathroom to the left, tv, couch and chair. Luke's suitcase is on the floor next to the dresser and tv. I slip off his jacket and set it in the suitcase before going to the bed and plopping down on my stomach.