chapter 25 - Luke POV

'Cause I see sparks fly whenever you smile ~TS, sparks fly

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luke Mcgowan POV

Dear Heavenly Father, please help me find some damn self control so I can survive the rest of the night. Tempting me with an angel is just cruel. Especially when she's drunk and I can't make a move. Cruel fucking joke. Sorry for cursing, Amen.

Once I've finished my prayer of desperation, I open my eyes and look back down at the said tempting angel in front of me. With the thoughts she has running through my head, the dress she's wearing, and the way she blinks up at me, she may as well have a pair of devil horns attached to her head.

Earlier, after I recovered from the feel of her body against mine when she bumped into me, I couldn't have controlled my thoughts if I'd tried. That damn dress on her, showcasing her long, toned legs, tan olive skin, and her sea green eyes sparkling like the dress she wore, it was almost too much. But also not enough.

I'm at the end of my rope with this thing between us. Attraction, tension, spark, whatever you want to call it, I'm finding it impossible to ignore anymore. After that damn car ride on the way up here, I'm at my breaking point when it comes to my self control. With her in front of me right now, biting her lip and looking at me like that, I'm basically a saint for not pushing her against the wall and claiming her mouth right here in this club.

I can see the haze of alcohol in her eyes, stopping her from thinking rationally. I silently curse myself for letting her get this drunk and not staying by her side. Seeing another guy touch her, especially a notorious player like Ashton Cruise, makes me want to break something. I clench my jaw thinking about the fear and discomfort on her face when I saw her with him at the bar.

AJ gives me an odd look before her attention's drawn towards the song playing on the dance floor. Her eyes light up when she hears "Feel So Close" playing through the speakers. She turns to me and gives me a big smile that makes my chest constrict in an odd way.

"You wanna dance?" I hold my hand out to her.

Her smile gets impossibly bigger. "I thought I'd have to drag you onto the dance floor." She takes my hand and pulls me into the crowd of people.

Once we're surrounded by the crowd, I pull her in and she wraps her arms around my neck. We sway to the music and AJ sings the words. My hands are on her waist, holding her to me, but I want her closer. I want to grab her face and kiss those lips that have been taunting me all night.

AJ slides her hands from the back of neck to my hair, running her fingers through the strands. "I have to ask you something." Her face inches closer to mine.

"Ask away." I look at her lips again because damn it, they're so tempting I can't not stare.

"Be careful how you answer." She gives me a pointed look before tilting her head. "Do you know what Vampire Diaries is?"

No. "Um yes?"

"Are you team Stefan or team Damon?"

Shit. I'm gonna go with the one she didn't say like she was spewing poison. "Um team Damon for sure."

She smiles so big and wide that I can't help but smile back. A squeal leaves her lips as she bounces up and down. "I knew it! This is the best night ever! Even if you're a boring dancer."

"A boring dancer?" I grab her hand and spin her around before spinning her back into me with her back against my front and her laughing the whole time.