chapter 19

You said there was nothing in the world that could stop it, I had a bad feeling ~TS, dancing with our hands tied

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm back in front of the mirror, staring at my reflection. 

The party's already started and Mils and I are going to Uber there, since we both plan on drinking. The Uber is 5 minutes away and I'm just quadruple checking my appearance. I decided on a strappy, black one piece suit with a black sheer scarf skirt tied around my waist. 

But the more I look at myself, the less I want to leave. I think my outfit looks great with beach waves in my hair and light makeup. I just don't like that I'm so exposed. I want to have a good time and not be worried about what my body looks like to everyone. 

Millie comes up behind me in the mirror. "Girl, I'm jealous. I want to walk into the party looking like that." She looks my outfit up and down. 

Millie looks amazing as usual. She's got a great bikini body and her flowery green bikini looks so good on her. When I don't answer she turns me around and puts her hands on my shoulders. 

"You look drop dead gorgeous. I'm serious Allie. But if you don't want to walk in like that then wear a button up over it. You can take it off or leave it on once we're there."

"It's fine. I think once I get there and get some alcohol in my system I'll be fine."

"That's the spirit!" She chirps. "But seriously, I'm calling it. We're gonna get a lot of jealous stares tonight. And by we I mean you."

"I'll just stay next to you all night so everyone will be too busy looking at you." I nudge her as I walk out of the closet and slip on my slides. 

"Ugh we're both hot ok. Let's go, the Uber's waiting and so is the night!" Millie throws her arms up while I roll my eyes. 

After a fun Uber ride with Laronious, we make it to the party and head into the backyard. The patio is huge with an outdoor kitchen and marble countertops topped with bottles of alcohol and solo cups. The pool is surrounded by tiki fire sticks with a rock wall, waterfall, and two hot tubs. Lounge chairs and sofas and tables surround the pool and sit on the patio. The music is booming and the crowd is a good size, not too crowded. Just upper classmen Manchester kids. 

I'm awestruck by how insane this is, when I hear someone cat call us with a whistle. Millie whips her blonde head around but we both relax when we see our friends sitting on some couches on the patio. 

Right now, it's Noah, Carter, Luke, Eli, and Bennett sitting there. We walk to them and Millie plops down in Bennett's lap. Noah and Luke are talking and neither spares me a glance. Carter, with his fingers still by his mouth from his cat call whistle, is clearly very intoxicated at the moment, which makes me laugh. 

"AJ." Carter points to me then to his lap. "You can sit right here with me." He pats his lap. 

I laugh as both Noah and Luke's heads pop up from their conversation and Noah punches Carter in the arm, telling him to watch it, which makes me laugh harder. 

Eli grabs my wrist and pulls me down next to him. "Carter's shit drunk. Sit with me."

"You don't look too sober yourself." I raise my brows looking at his unfocused gaze. 

"And that's your problem. You're too sober, come on. Let me make you the Eli On The Beach." He stands and pulls me with him over to the makeshift bar.