chapter 11

And there are no rules when you show up here, bass beat rattling the chandelier ~TS, this is why we can't have nice things

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gosh these bags are heavy.

Millie and I just got back from shopping and I'm helping her carry her bags to my room. She insisted that she needs a whole new outfit since tonight is the first real party of the year. Where we dress up I mean.

The bonfire was more like a casual get together to kick off the school year. But the rest of the Manchester parties are the opposite. Big and wild and full of girls in nice outfits.

Fashion has always been a big deal to the girls at Manchester, including me sort of. I love fashion when dressing for myself. I'm not really one to judge other people's fashion or outfits. If they like it then they should own it, like I do.

That's what I try to tell Millie but she has all these fashion rules in her head that many of our classmates break apparently. It's kinda funny to see her all worked up over someone wearing white on white or sparkles and sequins.

As I get to the door to my house I turn and wait for Millie since I can't open the door. I have to carry my bags and some of hers. She scurries in front of me and pushes the door open with her free hand.

We barrel into the kitchen and set all the bags down. I blow out a breath and shake my arms to release their stiffness. How can clothes be that heavy, damn.

I yell Noah's name as I walk towards the fridge. He can carry these up the stairs to my room. My arms are noodles at this point.

I open the fridge and search around for a water. You would think with working out I wouldn't be this worn out, but I don't really lift weights. And that's exactly what it felt like I was just doing.

"What?" Noah asks as he pokes his head in the kitchen.

I grab a water and turn to face him, pointing at the pile of shopping bags. "Can you bring those to my room please? We're about to start getting ready."

Millie hurries to the pile and picks up a couple of bags, the designer ones. "I've got these. You can get the cheaper ones." She tells him as she heads for the stairs.

She's very protective over her designer items.

"Wait this is all for the party?" Noah questions gesturing to the bags.

"Yeah Millie wanted a new outfit and I wanted a couple of things before we get ready."

His eyes snap to mine as his brows furrow. "Wait, you're going tonight?" His tone has a hint of concern.

"Yeah. I don't want to stop living just because I had a bad experience." I explain with a shrug.

"Allie you don't have anything to prove. Just because you're not a hundred percent fine doesn't mean you're weak." He reasons while stepping closer.

Not a hundred percent? "I'm not proving anything. I'm just going to a party with my friends." I say defensively even though I can hear the doubt in my voice.

"Ok. I just want to make sure you really feel up to it. I'll be there with you so if you ever want to go, just come tell me and we'll go." He says as he places his hand on my arm.

I nod. "I think I'll be ok." I assure him as I walk towards the stairs.

"Allie?"

I turn around and look at Noah.