chapter 32

I'm unglued, thanks to you ~TS, Snow On the Beach
———————————————————————————-
"Crap!"

I jump back as all my skincare products clatter onto my bathroom floor. I let out a frustrated groan and cover my face with my palms. This is literally pathetic. I bend down to pick up my mess, chucking the products carelessly into a drawer and slamming it shut.

This was a dumb idea. I've been waiting for Luke to show up for hours. Watching the clock and checking my phone like a dumbass. Ok I'm being a little hard on myself, but I don't want to the girl completely hung up on a guy like she can't live without him. So I decided to reorganize my bathroom. But I'm so flustered about the prospect of Luke coming over and spending the night that I'm knocking everything over.

I sigh. I give up.

Walking out of my bathroom, I collapse on my bed and check the time. 10:48. Just as I go to throw my phone down, the screen lights up and Luke's name flashes across it. My heart sinks. Is he calling to cancel?

I steel myself and answer the call. "Hey."

"James" Luke chokes out.

"Luke? Are you ok?" There's a note of alarm in my voice. He sounds... in pain.

He clears his throat to cover a groan. "Um, yeah I'm good. I uh I don't know if I can make it tonight."

I try to bury my disappointment. "Oh. Okay."

He sighs. "Angel... I want to come. I do. But I,"He pauses and I can hear his pained breath. "I kinda need to get home."

Time to cut the bullshit. "Luke you sound like you're in pain. What the hell happened? Did someone jump you or something?"

I was just messing around because of the reputation the fights he was going to tonight has. But his silence on the other end makes my eyes widen.

I spring up from my position on my stomach. "Luke! Holy shit. Did you get jumped?!"

"I uh..." He stalls.

"Don't bullshit me right now." I demand. "You're hurt aren't you?"

Silence. "Um maybe." He draws out.

"How bad is it?"

"I don't- It hurts like a bitch." He admits through a strained voice.

"Where?"

"Everywhere?" He speaks over my heavy sigh. "I'm fine though. I'll try to come over tomorrow. I promise."

I raise my brows even though he can't see me. "Um excuse me? Absolutely not. Get over here right now. My mom's a doctor. I've learned a few things and we have first aid stuff. You're not going home."

"I'm fine James. I'm just gonna sleep it off."

I scoff. "Oh no you're not. You better be on your way over here right now. If I'm not looking at your stupid face within 30 minutes I'm coming to find you. Got it?" I snap.

He whistles. "Yes ma'am."

I roll my eyes and hang up the phone. Deep breaths. God I don't know why I'm so mad. I just can't believe he got beat up. He shouldn't be at that stupid fight. He shouldn't be walking around alone. I shake my head and stomp to my bathroom. I pull out all the first aid supplies I have in my cabinets. Then I run downstairs and grab some extra supplies from the pantry. I start to lay everything out as I wonder about Luke.

Who jumped him? Why?

Was he alone? Did anyone else get hurt?

How bad are his injuries? What if I can't he-