\|9|/

Elizabeth is awakened by the distant sound of someone vomiting from beside her.

Surprisingly, she remembered some of the events from the early morning, making her roll over and turn to face a very hungover Alex.

Elizabeth's hungover self with a pounding head still managed to yell out, annoyed at what she saw in-front of her.
"Turner, Seriously? My carpet!" Elizabeth exclaimed as she held her head with her hands, frustrated that she saw. It was Alex huddled over the side of the bed, a green and brown blob laying on the carpet, slowing flowing onto the floor.
"I cannot believe you right now," Elizabeth said.
Alex groaned and turned to his side, trying to get back to sleep.

Elizabeth ignored the vomit, hoping that when she came back, it just magically disappeared.

She went to her closet and picked out some clothes for the day and then made her way to the shower. She made herself free of the alcohol stench and body odour, but not free of the headache. She went back into the living room, and she wasn't surprised to see Alex still sleeping when she passed him. He was face down, one arm above his head, and the other dangling off the edge of the bed. Her gaze then moved down to the carpet below him, and she's disgusted to see the vomit soaked into the white fabric.

The young woman went to her phone on the counter, only to see it bombarded with messages, all of them from Matt. Yet one message was him giving her Jamie's new phone number because he had finally gotten an iPhone. Matt had already given her his phone number that night at the bar. The other few messages were about the events from the morning, making her sigh. Matt really seemed to think that there is something going on between the two of them, no matter how much she denies it, he still seems to go on. So, she dialled his number and raised her phone to her right ear, walking out to the balcony just next to the living room.

"Elizabeth!" Matt called out.
"Hey, Matt. Care to let me explain?" Elizabeth asked, knowing exactly what to say to him.
"Please." Matt pleaded on the other end of the line. "Turner and I went out for a drink, we had pretty rough nights, that's it." Elizabeth said.
"Where is he now?" Matt asked.
"On me bed, sleeping." Elizabeth said, "And before you get all crazy about that, it's fine. Nothing happened."
"What happened to you two to make you look so hammered in those pictures?" Matt asked.
"I got fired from my job, and I don't know what happened with Turner, although there was a girl at his apartment and she was fuming." Elizabeth said as she fiddled with her nails.
"Why were you at his apartment?" Matt then asked ever so quickly.
"He asked me for some advice on his lyrics." Elizabeth said.
"You got to have a peak at his lyrics!" Matt exclaimed, "Lucky woman."
This comment caused her to chuckle.

"Listen, Matt. There's really nothing to worry about, I said that I only ever see Turner as a brother, nothing more. So, drop the whole over-protective brother act, alright?" Elizabeth said after the little fit of giggled, and Matt sighed.
"I guess you're right, thanks for clearing things up, sis." He said.
"All good, now I've gotta try to get this vomit out of my white carpet. I doubt it's even achievable, but it's worst a shot." Elizabeth said as she opened her the door dividing her and Alex.
Matt chuckled, "Alright, catch ya later."

Elizabeth lowered her phone off her ear and hung up, walking inside and closing the door behind her, soon seeing Alex fumble around on her bed, groaning.

"Ah, you're awake!" Elizabeth said, walking over to her bedside table and placing her phone on it.
"In that case you can clean up what you vomited earlier." Elizabeth said, then turning away and going to the kitchen, where she got two glasses from the cabinet, and Panadol. She filled up the glasses and headed back into her bedroom.

As Elizabeth entered the room, Alex rolled over, facing the ceiling, and groaned out again while Elizabeth held out the glass of water and the tablet to to Alex.