\|25|/

Elizabeth groaned softly and stretched, letting her eyes adjust to the bright light that were pouring into the room.

She turned over expecting to see Alex in his spot beside her, however the bed were empty. Curiosity took over her tiredness and she stepped out of the bed.

Just as Elizabeth were going to walk out of the room she were swiftly picked up and thrown onto the bed, a certain dark haired man smiling brightly as he laid on top of her.

"Al!" Elizabeth screamed.

Their soft laughter filled up the room.

"What? I'm not allowed to keep up tradition?" Alex asked.

Every year on their birthday, one of them would tackle the other on straight back onto their bed.

"Happy Birthday, my love." Alex said, looking down to Elizabeth, his curls falling down.

Elizabeth sighed and let her hands moved up around Alex's neck, pulling him in for a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"My birthdays are much better when you wake up beside me." Elizabeth said.
"Noted." Alex said, "How about I make it up to you by staying like this for the next half hour?" He then asked.
Elizabeth smiled, "I'd like that."

So the pair stayed like that for the next thirty minutes. Alex's head resting against Elizabeth's chest. Elizabeth ran her fingers through Alex's hair as his finger traced her arm.

Elizabeth missed when they would spend their mornings like this.

"Hate to say it, but we might just have to get up." Alex said.

He pushed himself off the bed helped Elizabeth up, guiding her through to the kitchen. Her mouth instantly dropped as she saw an assortment of her favourite foods spread out on the bench.

"Alex... This- Did you make this?" Elizabeth asked, turning back to him.
"All by meh self." Alex said proudly, "And maybe also a little help from Jamie but mostly me."

Elizabeth laughed softly and looked back to the food.

"Well don't just look at it, help yourself." Alex said, pulling out a chair for Elizabeth.

She sat on the stool and began taking bits and pieces from all the foods, once she had began eating, Alex picked out some for himself.

"Are you excited for the album launch tonight?" Elizabeth asked.
"I dunno..." Alex trailed off.
Elizabeth looked over to him, confused, and he noticed this, deciding to explain.
"Well today should be about you." Alex said.
"Just because it's my birthday doesn't mean that the whole day is dedicated to me." She said.
"That's exactly what it means, Liz." Alex laughed.
"Well I'm excited." Elizabeth said, "I can't wait to hear the songs you guys made and party like we did when we were young." 
Alex chuckled.

The two finished eating their breakfast around after thirty minutes. Elizabeth wanted to help clean up, but Alex insisted that she go sit on the couch and play something for him on the guitar.

"I'm not playing anything." Elizabeth said sternly.
"Oh c'mon..." Alex whined.
"It's my birthday, I think you should be treating me." She said.
"How about... I play you a song and then you play me one." Alex proposed.
Elizabeth crossed her arms over her chest, "I think you should play me a song."

Alex sighed, "I never win with you, do I?"
Elizabeth smiled, "Nope."

Alex chuckled and washed his hands before moving over to the living room, taking Elizabeth's 12-string guitar from the stand and strumming a few chords.