/|20|\

Elizabeth walked into the living room as she were putting the earrings in her ear and looked over to Alex who were sitting on the couch, strumming softly and mumbling lyrics.

"Hiding in a blunderbuss
She looks as if she's blowing a kiss at me
And suddenly the sky is a scissor
Sitting on the floor with a tambourine
Crushing up a bundle of love
Don't take it so personally
You're not the only one
That time has got it in for honey
That's where you're wrong

All the old flames fastened on..."

Alex soon noticed Elizabeth's presence and placed his guitar down beside him walking up to the young woman.

"If Matt gives yer any grief, just call me... alright love?" Alex said, placing his hands on Elizabeth's shoulders and looking into her eyes comfortingly.
Elizabeth smiled softly, "He's my brother, I think I should be able to handle him."
"You never know..." Alex said, throwing his hands up into the air.

Elizabeth took a deep breath, checking the time on her phone before stuffing it into her back pocket and looking up to Alex.

"You'll be fine, love." He said.
"First time in years since Matt and I have seen our parents together. I think it's safe to say I'm a bit nervous, even after considering what happened yesterday." Elizabeth explained.
"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" Alex asked.

Not only did Alex want to be able to comfort Elizabeth and shield her from any of the comments her brother would throw at her, he also just wanted to be with her, by her side.

No matter the circumstance, Alex would want to be with Elizabeth.

Elizabeth sighed, "I would love for you to come with but it'll put another image in Matt's head."
Alex frowned and nodded, she's right.

"When will you be back?" He asked.
"This afternoon." Elizabeth said, "Don't worry, I won't be gone for too long." She joked.
Alex rolled his eyes.
"Are you sure you wouldn't like to be there any longer?" He joked.
"Very funny." Elizabeth said.

Elizabeth grabbed her keys off the counter and walked to the door, slipping on her shoes.

"See you soon." She said with a smile.
"Remember... Call me if there's any problems." Alex reminded.
"Okay." Elizabeth said.

Elizabeth smiled softly to Alex and left the apartment, closing the door behind her before going into the elevator and reaching the bottom floor. She went to her car that was parked outside the complex and looked up to where Alex's apartment was, to see the lead singer leaning on the railing of the balcony and looking down to her with a smile, waving. She blew a kiss and he caught it, placing it on his cheek.

Elizabeth then jumped into the drivers seat and began the drive to her parents house, hoping that Matt wouldn't bring up anything unnecessary.

She hated how her brother would always think of the worst whenever Elizabeth and Alex were together. Elizabeth had known Alex for as long as her brother had, and although they had a romance when they were younger, there was nothing there anymore, and she wanted Matt to be sure of that.

Elizabeth and Alex were teenagers feeling foolish and they were too young to understand what it meant to truly love someone. It seemed that when they needed someone, the other was there, and that was good enough for them. Although there were occasions where Elizabeth and Alex had found themselves looking at one another in a different way in the years leading up to their 'romance' Elizabeth now believes that it was just teenage hormones and now that they've grown up and become adults, they'll both understand that there isn't anything there between the two of them.