/|22|\

When Elizabeth awoke the next morning, Alex weren't in the house. She looked all over and couldn't see him anywhere.

Elizabeth wondered if she had something to do with this.

She took it upon herself to make breakfast before calling Alex's cell. He answered after a few rings, making her a little less worried.

"Hey, Al... Where are you?" Elizabeth asked as she placed a plate in the sink.
"We're just in the studio... I'll be back later with some good news." Alex said excitingly.
Elizabeth smiled, "I'm hoping it's an album release soon." She said.
"Sooner than expected." He said.
Her face lit up even more, "Please be back soon."
"I make no promises." He replied.

Knowing how carried away the boys got with their work, Elizabeth decided against forcing Alex to make a promise to her that he couldn't keep.

"Okay, see you later." Elizabeth said.

Just as she were to hang up, she heard Alex's voice.

"Wait, wait!" Alex said frantically.
"I'm here..."
"I- I talked to Matt." He began.
"And?" She questioned.
"You're right, he definitely isn't happy about, well.. the idea of us, but he feels really bad about going off at you yesterday and he wants to see you." Alex explained.
"Real question is, do I want to see him?" Elizabeth asked.
"That's up to you... But Elizabeth, even if he didn't support us, I'd still want to-"
Elizabeth cut Alex off.
"Al... Slow down, okay?" She said.
Alex sighed.
"I just..." He trailed off.
"I know." Elizabeth said softly, and after a few seconds she spoke up again, "I'll see you soon?" She questioned.
"Later seems more realistic." Alex said.
"Okay, bye..." Elizabeth said softly.

She hung up the phone and stood in the living room, wondering what she could occupying her time with. It seemed like recently it's just been a matter of distracting herself until she can see Alex again.

Elizabeth looked to her guitar case in the corner of the room and she instantly felt the need to get something out.

She pulled her twelve-string acoustic guitar out of its case and began playing random chords. Elizabeth's mind instantly went back to last year, and the year before that when she'd always find numerous missed calls on her cell, and several messages that she hadn't seen. She remembered the anger yet also sadness she felt when he'd call and message her out of the blue at 3 o'clock in the morning. She wished that he were sober.

"Now it's three in the morning and
You're tryna change my mind
Left me multiple missed calls and to your message I reply
'Why'd you only call me when you're high?'
'High?'
'Why'd you only call me when you're high?'"

Elizabeth sung the words softly, eventually scribbling the lyrics on a notepad she found in her guitar case before placing her guitar down and deciding to flick back in the notepad.

She saw several lyrics from years ago and let them run around in her mind.

'The day after you stole my heart
Everything I touched told me
It would be better shared with you'

'I heard an unhappy ending,
It sort of sounds like you leaving
I heard the piledriver waltz,
It woke me up this morning...'

Elizabeth then realised something about those lyrics... She'd heard them before. She's heard Alex's sweet voice sing them before. She wondered if anyone knew she wrote those lyrics, if Alex had told anyone... Because she assumes that Alex did see them, he would have been the only one able to get them. Elizabeth didn't mind that he used them, though, it's not like she were using them anyway.

The two did have a very similar mind so she knew that Alex would've been able to convey a story that she could relate to in a way building on from those lyrics.