\|17|/

Elizabeth stood leaning against the brick wall having a cigarette out the front of the hotel they were staying at.

Elizabeth only ever smoked when she were stressed, and well who wouldn't be stressed after the conversation her and Alex just had?

Suddenly, Matt the appeared beside her, and he asked softly, "What happened?"
Elizabeth puffed out smoke and debated wether or not she should tell him the truth. He wouldn't be happy if he found out he were being lied to all those years, but then again why lie to him any longer?

"Ask Alex." Elizabeth then said, deciding against telling her bother the truth,
"Alex wouldn't explain, he just kept saying he 'messed up'" Matt stated.
Elizabeth looked out into the space ahead of her.

He did mess up. All of this was his fault. He pushed her away. He got with Alexa.

Then again, if only she had just told Matt about the two of them, they would've never been in this situation. But Elizabeth knew she wouldn't have been strong enough to do that then, and not even now.

"You care so much about him, Eliza." Matt said.
"Well, yeah. I care about all the boys." Elizabeth said, shrugging her shoulders.
"No, this is different." Matt said.
Elizabeth looked over to her brother, watching as he slowly pieced together the puzzle.
"You two..." He trailed off.
"For a short while." She said, knowing where he was going.
Matt leant back against the brick wall.
"I can't believe you woul-" Matt was cut off by Elizabeth.
"Matt, save the talk okay? We were young and stupid. He wanted to tell you but I was always afraid of what you'd think, and for good reason. We broke up eventually and that means that there's nothing there anymore." Elizabeth said, "We were only teenagers, so cut me some slack."

Elizabeth acted like the experience between her and Alex didn't affect her, but deep down, it did. If only she could relive it. She loved being around Alex, kissing his soft lips and looking into his dark brown eyes knowing that he were looking back to her with such love. He always made it clear that he loved her, and she appreciated that so much from him, so you could only expect how much of a shock it would've been to Elizabeth when he broke up with her out of the blue after reassuring her beforehand that he truly did love her.

"I know you love him." Matt said, "And he loves you, I can see it."

Elizabeth stayed silent.

"But please don't waste your time with him. He isn't worth it." Matt said, "I don't know what you two did years ago, but just know, it won't turn out good for either of you so please, step away while you can."

Elizabeth threw her cigarette on the ground and stomped it out before looking to her brother.

"No problem." She said sternly.
"I'm gonna go grab a coffee." She then said, beginning to walk down the road.
"Be back soon! Remember that there's a party tonight, Greg wants you there!" Matt called out.
Elizabeth threw him a thumbs up as she continued to walk forward.

As Elizabeth walked down the street she began to think about her and Alex and that feeling Matt had mentioned — love. It's hard and complicated. Is Alex the right one for Elizabeth? The one that'll help her when she needs it? The one that'll swoop her up in his arms and tell her that he'll never leave? She wished that she could depend on him, and considering how things ended years ago, she just didn't know if she could trust him.

She walked into a random cafe and ordered a coffee, standing by the counter at the side as she patiently waited for her drink, until suddenly someone had called her name.

"Elizabeth?" A voice had called out.

She looked in the direction of the voice and saw a familiar young man — Brian, her first boyfriend.

"Brian? Oh my goodness I haven't seen you in..." Elizabeth trailed off.
"Years." Brian said, laughing lightly.
"Yeah." Elizabeth said, smiling to him.

It was safe to say that a lot had changed since high school. Brian had fixed his hair cut and she could tell by the way he was dressed he started his cooking career. She always remembered him fantasying about becoming a chef and by the looks of it he finally did.

Brian invited Elizabeth over to a table and she took her coffee that had just been placed on the counter before taking a seat.

"So... How have you been?" Brian asked, looking to Elizabeth as she sipped her coffee.
"I've been good... How about you? Looks like you're in the cooking business." She stated as she looked at his attire.
"Yeah, I'm getting there." Brian said, chucking.
"I hope you're not still with Mark." He then brought up.
Elizabeth sighed, "That ended a while ago, don't worry." She said.
"Good, I could always tell there was something off about him." Brian said.
"I guess him being popular and sporty was a major signal." Elizabeth said, and Brian agreed.

The two talked for hours, catching up on the things they had done in the many years that they haven't seen each other, and reminiscing on the past when they were together.

Elizabeth and Brian were only a couple for a short while and dated at the start of high school. They found that they were better off as friends and went their seperate ways, without any issues between them.

"Listen... One of Matt's friends is having a party tonight and honestly, it'd be nice to have you there with me." Elizabeth explained, "So what do you say? Wanna relive our youth?" She then asked.
"But we're still young, Elizabeth." Brian said with a smile.
"Is that a yes?" She asked.
"Of course it's a yes." He said.