Backstory

***

Nuwa Ming was walking in the park she usually goes to. She loves to watch the kids play on the playground, teenagers hanging out together. Not only she loves watching them because she's a teacher but also because they remind her of her own son. She got pregnant at an early age from a man who always got into troubles. She fell for him immediately, she didn't know what but something charmed her about this man. He's know as Dry Eye, he got into all sorts of troubles and illegal businesses. Nuwa wasn't happy with him, he never took good care of her. So when she found out she was pregnant, she run away from him and started her own life. She had very little money but she tried to take good care of her child. They lived in poverty, in a very small place. So after five year, the neighbor reported their situation to the child welfare organization and they took away Nuwa's child. The child got into an orphanage.

This completely broke her heart. She was crushed. 

But she decided to get herself together. In 10 years her life was back on track. She had a stable job, a nice apartment, friends and money. When she went to the orphanage to ask after her son, they told her that he's now 15 years old and is in foster care. They assured her that now he has a nice foster family and he's living a good life. She no longer had the right to get her son bak. She was heartbroken again. 

When in reality, the foster family was horrible. They beat the boy, they used him like a slave and he had an awful childhood. He wasn't allowed out of the house and never had friends. He always had bruises all over his body which he got bullied for in school. He hated his life.

Nuwa accepted her situation and she believed that her son has a nice life and a bright future. She continued her life as a private school teacher. But she never forgot her son.

***

Ray has been following Nuwa Ming for weeks. Mickey asked him to be careful.

,,So on Monday she has classes till 16:00, then she goes home. On Tuesday she has classes till 14:00 and after she goes to yoga class. The yoga studio is on the corner of Fifth Avenue and 76th Street. On Wednesday she has classes till 16:45 and then she has a private lesson at home. On Thursday she finishes earlier, at 15:00 and after she usually meets with friends at a diner. But on Friday...she finishes in school at 13:00, super early. And she goes home, does nothing in the afternoon. And nobody visits her on the weekends, she mostly does paperwork for school."     -Ray explains.

,,Okay, I'm following you Ray."-Mickey says.

,,Sooo...if we visit her on Friday, nobody will be noticing her absence till Monday."-he adds.

,,I see..."-Mickey wonders.

,,So we can abduct her then."-Ray finishes.

,,But Ray...we don't want to hurt her. You get the task to take her, but you can't hurt her. Understood?"-Mickey asks seriously.

,,Yes, boss."-Ray replies. 

***

Nuwa is walking home from school on a windy Friday afternoon. She had a hard week, she had to work a lot. She slows down in the park, it's beautiful in this time of the year. She starts to head towards her apartment. She doesn't notice but Ray follows her. She's searching for her key in her purse when suddenly someone steps to her. She feels a pressure on her back, it's a gun.

,,Don't scream. Open the door slowly. No sudden movements."-Ray orders her.

Nuwa's breath gets faster but she does as told. She steps into her apartment.