Family reunion

Mickey asked Katie to help him organise a ball, to Raymond's non-delight. Katie was happy that Mickey asked her to organise the ball, but she knew how Raymond didn't want her to be involved.

***

Ray' making coffee for Katie, she's looking at her iPad still in the organisation process. He places the cup in for of her on the coffee table.

,,Thank you."-she says but doesn't look up.

Ray sits down next to her on the couch, stares at her. Katie looks up, sighs.

,,Ray, I know  you want me to stay safe and keep me out of your job but I'm happy to help and I'm not at any risk while organising this."-she says calmly.

,,I know baby, but you are already more involved that I wanted you to be. I mean danger for you that's for sure, but I wanted to reduce the amount of trouble I can get you into. Failed obviously."-he says.

,,You did not fail, you also protect me."-she replies worriedly.

,,Protect you from the danger that I put you into."-Ray raises his voice.

She stares at him in silence.

,,Sorry...I didn't mean to-"-Ray starts but gets interrupted by a hug.

Katie hugs him tight. Her thumb caresses the back of his neck.

,,It's okay."-she whispers into his ear.

Ray sighs relievedly. 

***

Ray loads the guns in the kitchen when Katie walks out in a beautiful white silk dress.

Ray  turns and notices her, he has never seen her so beautiful. He can't stop staring at her gorgeous body.

 He can't stop staring at her gorgeous body