Dark past

Katie is woken up in the middle of the night by a nightmare. She winces and sits up. She tires to calm down, takes deep breath but she can't seem to catch her breath. 

She accidentally woke up Ray. He sits up next to her and caresses her back.

,,What's wrong darling?"-he asks calmly.

She's so shaken up by her dream, she doesn't want to answer him right now.

,,Nothing, go back to sleep Ray! I'm just gonna go get some water."-she says in a huffy voice and walks down to the kitchen.

She pours herself a glass of water and rinses her face with water. Ray walks in, and stops next to her.

Without saying anything, he puts his hand on her shoulder as she stands next to the sink. She's so wrapped up in her thought but she didn't mean to snap at him like that.

,,I'm sorry."-she says almost crying.

,,It's okay babe."-Ray responds and wraps his arms around her.

It's in that moment, when Ray hugs her, she cannot hold her tears in anymore. Ray has no idea what's going on in her mind but he does understand that she doesn't want to speak about it right now. They stand there a little longer, hugging each other.

,,Let's go back to bed, okay?"-Ray breaks the silence.

,,Okay"-she respond whispering.

***

Ray has been working on finding Chen's address for weeks now. No success, but he wasn't about to give up. He simply couldn't get last night out of his head. 

He's aware that Katie doesn't talk about her past and that she probably has a good reason. But he was more than sure that last night Katie had a nightmare about something related to her past.

But he couldn't let his personal life affect his work, he's more careful to keep the two separate. Mickey walks in.

,,Anything?"-he asks sharply.

,,Nothing, boss."-Ray replies.

,,Where is that bastard hiding?"-Mickey asks sourly.

Nobody knew. The night after the car chase, they dropped off Nuwa at Mickey's and she has been staying there ever since. Mickey instructed her to stay, it's safer this way. She was shaken up after the events, and by seeing her son after such a long time. 

Everyone wanted this whole thing with Chen to be over. Mickey and Ray were both worried about him attacking them again, caused them many sleepless nights. Both of them wanted to kill Chen. 

***

Ray got home a little bit earlier so he decided to make dinner for Katie. When she arrived home, he ran to greet her, kissed her.

,,What's with the happy mood?"-she asks him playfully.

,,Nothing, I just wanted to surprise you so I made dinner and got you a present."-he replies happily.

She had a very long day so she was more than happy to spend a calm evening with Ray. They sat down and Ray placed a plate in front of the both of us.

,,Aww it's been some time since we had the famous steak."-she exclaims.

,,I know, that's why i made some."-he replies happily and places the piece of meat on her plate.

They finish dinner, they both had a little too much to drink. Katie stands up and puts a record on (Wicked game by Chris Issac), she starts dancing. Ray watches her, she looks amazing. He stands up and walks up to her. Pulls her closer and they start slow dancing together.