1. Monsters of fire

"I don't think it's a good idea," Yoongi sighed opening the massive doors to a long almost empty room

Jungkook squeezed the sword tighter.

"You never know what the future might hold and I need to learn new ways to fight and defend myself without my gift."

"It was really unfortunate, the gift mighty have protected you against enemies who might like to invade your land," Yoongi's dark eyes were troubled.

"Gift or no gift, I'm still strong. Let them come," Jungkook took the sword out so Yoongi sighed tapping his shoulder before leaving the room.

It became so quiet, just the floor vibrating delicately, Jungkook's senses in an uproar and anticipation until two shapes flashed into the room like out of nowhere, flying through the air leaving sliver smoke behind.

They were as fast as lightning surrounding him so he aimed at one, but there was just air where he was hitting hopelessly, his palms going up like he had used to trying to stop them but there was nothing, no powers in his body. An ordinary human against two glittering monsters who were laughing at him, suddenly knocking him off his feet.

"King Yoongi had said we shouldn't kill you, but we never promised we won't have a little play," one slipped up his body leaving burning traces of bruises, he was trying to cut it with the sword but it escaped before the blade could reach it. Jungkook's fury broke out, he was cutting around himself like a mad man yet the two monsters were far out of reach, his hands so tired from defending himself against them he lowered the sword feeling the burning sensation of their touch slicing through him with insane pain.

"I think you look amazing king Jimin," the young maiden blushed when he cast his mirror reflection a quick glance.

The diamond necklace was glittering in the lamps, the white silky shirt surrounding him so soft, his outfit seemed classical yet beautiful enough.

"Thank you," Jimin sent her a wide smile glancing at the door as Jungkook should have been here by now yet he hasn't seen him for the whole day.

"Do you happen to know where my husband is?" Asked Jimin blushing hard.

"I've only heard king Jeon went to train battle skills, but no one has seen him since."

Jimin nodded becoming worried. He knew how hard Jungkook was struggling to learn how to fight without his gift. Was he ever mad at him for losing it?

The door banged cutting his doubts and he turned to see Jungkook falling inside, he looked bad, clothes torn, body bruised, the edges of his hair as if burned.

"Jungkook! What happened!" Jimin jumped to his side supporting him under his arm towards the bed.

"I'm fine, just lost a fight with Lumlails," he hissed falling on the mattress.

"With what?" Jimin sighed stretching his hand out to caress over Jungkook's hair, some strings were still smoldering and giving out embers.

"Lumlails, damn monsters faster than lightning, burning down everything they touch."

"Why would you fight with them?" Jimin became sad as he suspected the answer.

"I need to learn how to defend myself and my lovely husband without my gift," Jungkook's bruised palm tangled around his.

"Please bring me a bowl with water, a soft towel and some herbal cooling for burns," said Jimin turning to the maiden who bowed hurrying out of the room immediately to fulfill his orders. "Jungkook we're not in danger, why can't you relax and enjoy our honeymoon trip?"

"It will not always be like that, our land is huge and glooming with prosperity, there are many enemies lurking around our borders. I have to be prepared. I have to be able to defend my kingdom and the one I love when the time comes," Jungkook caressed down his face.

"You will find a way to do it. You will learn it all, just don't give yourself such a hard time. Please rest, enjoy our trip, when we'll back in the palace ask general Fang and your greatest men to train with you. They all aren't gifted yet are excellent warriors. They will be delighted to be able to help their beloved king," Jimin was watching Jungkook's bruised face hoping his words can bring some comfort to his husband.

The door opened and the maiden came back with all he had wished for handing it to him.

"Thank you so much," Jimin sent her a faint smile.

"King Jimin, do you need anything else," she bowed again.

"No, thank you for now, please just let king Yoongi know that we will be a little late for his festa."

She nodded before living the room so quietly even with his fox senses he couldn't hear her steps.

"You're right Jimin. When has my little fox became so wise?" Jungkook was watching him with glittering eyes.

"It's only because of you king Jeon," Jimin chuckled watering the towel then moisturizing Jungkook's hair and face, delicately treating all his bruises until Jungkook was able to sit up in bed.

"We can stay here till the morning and cuddle, we don't need to go," whispered Jimin scooping closer wiggling his tail and toes when Jungkook's hot breath hit his lips.

"We have come here for that celebration, it would be rude to not to attend," Jungkook leaned in pecking his lips. "King Jimin?"

"King Jeon?"

Thank you so much for your feedback

Thank you so much for your feedback. I really hope you're enjoying the beginning of the story. What do you think about Jungkook taking up challenges to learn how to fight without his gift? Will Jikook enjoy the feast?

Much <3