14. Arrow

A branch behind him cracked, the Lightless Forest filled in with fog, strange blue ribbons were surrounding the trees, the temperature fell rapidly and Jungkook took two steps back squeezing the everlasting light tighter

"Where are you going little prince?" A voice sounded freezing all blood in his veins to ice.
Run...

Jungkook jumped up in bed panting madly, needing a moment to recognize that he has been safe in his bedroom, a warmth tugged to his side and he almost sniffed at the sight of the sleeping Jimin, his fox so beautiful Jungkook leaned in glue his lips to his deeply pink and extremely pulp ones.

Was he falling without hold, when he shouldn't, but he could have beaten Valerie up today for calling Jimin names.

"I'll be right back stay warm," Jungkook pulled the duvet over Jimin's exposed shoulder tugging him into it tightly then left the bed carefully to not to wake up his fox.

His arm was bandaged as Jin had put a cooling mixture of herbs on the wound, the shaman seemed troubled though when he had taken the arrow with himself to investigate. Jungkook's heartbeat was rapid, so he collected some clothes quickly as he had been sleeping naked, asking Jimin to just cuddle without any clothing, because he was too exhausted for sex but needed his fox so close, skin on skin.

There was the key to his room lying on the drawer, so he took it locking the door firmly then calling over his trusted soldiers to guard it, as he was feeling uneasy about leaving Jimin alone in the middle of the night, but he needed to talk to Jin.

As expected the shaman was in the library, the arrow resting on the long wooden table in front of him while he was leafing through an ancient looking book.

"Jin," Jungkook scooped inside closing the door quietly.

"Oh, you scared me, I thought it's Taehyung," some heat stormed to Jin's face.

"What problem do you have with him?" Jungkook chuckled slipping to a chair opposite to the shaman.

"Ah!" Wrinkles appeared on Jin's forehead, his face becoming even redder. "He's just annoying."

"A little crush there?" Jungkook raised his brow.

"I'm a shaman!" Jin growled.

"And? You're a man too."

"Stop being irrelevant and tell me why you've come," Jin sighed.

"I wanted to know who has attacked me and what was their purpose?" Jungkook looked at the shaman who's face darkened.

"It's all indifferent so far," muttered Jin.

"You're hiding information from your king."

"As I have said earlier, I'm still collecting information."

"Ok, so what have you found out so far. Was it an ordinary arrow," Jungkook took it from the table top watching his own dried blood on the sharp arrowhead. "They haven't been aiming for me," he spoke almost noiselessly.

Jin sighed closing the book looking up at him seriously.

"This arrow had been poisoned, but no worry that poison can't harm humans but it's extremely deadly for hybrids."

Jin's words lifted all hair on his body.

"So they were there to kill Jimin?"

The shaman nodded.

"But why? I don't understand?" Jungkook trembled. "Is it that mysterious husband of his, did he find out I'm with him now, does he want revenge?"

"Jungkook don't be blinded by jealousy and think harder," Jin emphasized the last words.

"His jealous husband would like to get rid of me not him, but someone jealous of me... Valerie," he opened his mouth in shock.

"She is here with a clear purpose and she would have achieved it a long time ago..."

"If it hasn't been for Jimin," whispered Jungkook.

Jin nodded.

"You have never really lived like a saint and we both know how easily pretty women could twist your head, to even stealing your mother's jewels and bringing to the main courtesan," Jin chuckled when heat stormed to Jungkook's face.

"I was fifteen and the sex was amazing," he stuttered.

"Yeah, so it's pretty surprising that nothing has happened between you and a beautiful woman like Valerie."

Jungkook blushed even harder lowering his head playing with the arrow.

"I'm kind off not attracted to her, not even aroused a bit, but him... I mean... the way he feels in my arms no one has ever had... I have never wanted people for more than one night, but I want to spend each night with him. Is that normal?" Jungkook looked up at the shaman who burst out with laughter.

"Oh boy, I was waiting for the day to see you in love and confused like that."

"In love? No, I'm not... I can't. I'm getting married to that annoying bitch soon."

"Do you really want to send the rest of your life with an annoying bitch?" Jin raised his brow.

"My parents have promised me to her," Jungkook felt as if cutting through himself.

"Your parents are dead, you're the king, your will is law and I have seen something today."

"What have you seen?" Jungkook dried his sweaty hands against his pants.

"King Jeon telling the annoying bitch to go to hell when he was defending his fox," Jin winked.

"She called him ugly, stinky and a raccoon, she has really crossed the line there," Jungkook's fists clenched.

Jin chuckled walking to the long bookshelves to take another ancient volume out.

"So, where those strange warriors from her country."

"If they were you have to have your eyes open from now on," muttered Jin.

"What do you mean by that?"

"They weren't ordinary warriors, I have never seen such creatures."

A shiver ran down Jungkook's spine and he placed the arrow back watching it.

"It has no emblem, no sign, that's strange, even each small tribe marks their arrows," Jungkook looked at the shaman.

"That's why I've said keep your eyes open and take extra care of the fox boy, they tried to get rid of him once they will try again."

Jungkook's heart began to pound in his chest as he couldn't have any harm happening to Jimin, he wouldn't survive that.

"Shaman Jin, you can see the future and the past, read minds, tell me who is his husband?" The shivers running down Jungkook's body were severe.

Thank you so much for your feedback. Did you like the chapter? What do you think about Jungkook's conversation with Jin? What will Jin answer?

Much <3