28. Remember

There was a string of sudden images breaking out in Jungkook's head, a snowy forest and a frozen fox all alone out during the coldest night that century, one he had smuggled into the camp in his backpack to find out really soon it wasn't just a fo...

There was a string of sudden images breaking out in Jungkook's head, a snowy forest and a frozen fox all alone out during the coldest night that century, one he had smuggled into the camp in his backpack to find out really soon it wasn't just a fox but an insanely beautiful boy, he had taken between messed up sheets robbing him off his innocence. That fox had stayed with him, through so many challenges each day growing deeper into his heart, while he was moving sun and earth to protect him. That boy he should have told earlier who he was, who turned out to be Emerald and Hoseok's son, who had jumped between him and Namjoon's blade to save his life, like he has done just minutes ago again. It has been him telling Jimin all his secrets, leading him to the sliver lake, sacrificing his gift for his hybrid's life. Here, on that terrace they had been walking around in the moonlight when he had been suffering from nightmares of meeting the Veil in the lightless forest at age fifteen. They had been here for their honeymoon, because in that beautiful dome on the hill they had promised to each other to stay together till their last day. The whole story unfolding and Jungkook felt a cold tear against his cheek when he jumped closer to pull Jimin into his arms and hug tightly.

"I'm sorry, so sorry for my stupid jealousy. I love you so much you can't imagine," he was whispering into Jimin's silky hair.

How had he forgotten the love of his life? Those rings were identical because they had been made for their wedding and Jungkook tangled his fingers around the ring on Jimin's finger caressing over it. That awful witch has made up it all, has taken it all away from him, fouled him into believing she has been promised to him by his parents when his parents would have never make him marry anyone other than from real love, and they would adore his Jimin, his beautiful pure fox who was still sobbing into his clothes.

"I'm so so sorry for hurting you and yelling at you. Please forgive me," Jungkook kissed over the scar of his husband's missing ear.

"King Jeon..."

"Please don't call me that. Please call me Jungkook. Don't call me King Jeon other than in the bedroom," Jungkook even chuckled at his pathetic stupidity.

Jimin scooped a bit back looking at him, his face swollen from crying so hard.

"Can you forgive my stupid words?" Jungkook caressed his cheeks so Jimin nodded.

"He is not my husband," he said seriously.

"I know, I trust you," Jungkook trembled, he knew the time to tell he has remembered it all wasn't now, the Veil couldn't know yet, it was his only advantage over her, even if his heart was bleeding for keeping Jimin in that misery for longer, he needed to use that opportunity that appeared to get rid of that horrid monster and regain his kingdom.

"You're trusting me? Why?" Jimin's face was puffy from crying, his eyes carrying that deep sorrow as always lately.

"You have never lied to me, why should I not trust you," Jungkook wished to kick himself for that stupid outburst, for hurting Jimin with his actions and words.