15. The one who remembers

Jin seemed amused opening the book blowing up a cloud of dust off the pages

Jin seemed amused opening the book blowing up a cloud of dust off the pages. "Ah, no one has opened that for at last five centuries."

"Jin!"

"What? Do you really want me to answer that question?"

"Why not?" Asked Jungkook buffed.

"You would be surprised," Jin chuckled to himself.

"Surprised? Why? Do I know his husband? Is that bastard in the capital?" Jungkook raised from the chair.

"I'll leave that one for you to decipher, you're a clever boy, you can do it."

"Are you making fun of me instead of telling me who that bastard is?"

"You would be surprised," repeated Jin in the same unbothered manner.

"Ok, I will find out then make him pay for it," Jungkook became tense, as what if Jimin's husband was somewhere in the city, that thought twisting his insides with mad jealousy, especially as he knew exactly that Jimin still loved that bastard. "One more thing. What about the ring?" He turned back to the shaman.

"Royal jeweler Krim has prepared it out of star diamonds that are the rarest stones on Earth. He has made two identical rings but he has no idea why or who has been the one booking them."

"So has the ring ended up with me?" Asked Jungkook feeling a shiver.

"Magic," Jin shrugged.

Jungkook closed his fists but before he could tell Jin off the door cracked at Taehyung's bushy head appeared.

"Um... king Jeon... shaman Jin, I wasn't expecting any of you in the library so late at night," Taehyung became miserable.

"I was just going," said Jungkook.

"Same," Jin raised up as if he was stung by a wasp, grabbing the heavy book then storming out of the library.

"I guess you have the library for yourself now, night," Jungkook sent Taehyung an awkward smile so the boy bowed low entering the room.

Jungkook sprinted out returning to his bedroom relaxing at the sight of the guards he has left there, opening his door to scoop inside and find Jimin still sleeping. His poor fox must have been exhausted.

"Are you still warm," whispered Jungkook taking all clothes off then lifting the duvet to slip underneath and cuddle to his hybrid.

Jimin immediately hugged him caressing his face over his chest when Jungkook kissed the top of his head an image waking up in his mind, a small almost frozen to death fox trembling in the snow in between huge trees lifting his head slightly when he stretched his hand out towards him.

"Queen Valerie's servants are coming!" The palace maidens were excited running down the garden so Jimin lifted from the bench he was sitting at following them quietly.

He has been double broken since the happenings of last evening, today Jungkook had told him to be careful, avoid others and only eat the meals he has brought him, so Jimin was a bit hungry and extremely tired.

Was the monster queen really behind him, was he even a threat? A small lost hybrid his husband will never ever remember again.

"Look! Look there!" The maidens stopped in a big crowd so Jimin scooped to the side of the garden wall looking out on the main road leading to the palace to spot about a hundred of those masked warriors who had attacked them yesterday coming in, carrying heavy armor. All hair crumbled on his body when someone reached him suddenly hugging him tightly and his hands tangled into fluffy bunny ears.

"Odi!" Whispered Jimin.

"Jimin, I have missed you so so much," she sniffed into his belly when a tear rolled down his face.

"Do you, do you remember me?"

"Of course I remember you, you are like my big brother," she looked up at him with beautiful blue eyes.

"Odi! What are you doing! Why are you hugging some stranger!" Yelled her mother when all the golden glitters in Jimin's insides faded.

"It's Jimin, our great friend mum!" She shouted hugging him tighter.

"Odi, no one else remembers me, Jungkook doesn't remember..." his voice cracked.

"I know, he wants to marry that scary monster," she sighed.

"Do you also see her true face?"

Odi nodded when a shiver brought goosebumps onto Jimin's skin.

"And more of those monsters are coming here," she glanced towards the warriors. "I'm so scared."

"Don't be, every darkness has an end, even after the longest night there is always a new day," Jimin caressed over her soft ears.

"Odi! This is really so inappropriate! Only because he is also a hybrid. I'm sorry Mr.," Hali, Odi's mum came to take her from him.

"Goodbye Jimin, come for supper today mum is doing your favorite pancakes," she waved when her mum pulled her towards their family friend, eagle hybrid Fabian.

"Odi, who was that?" She asked.

"King Jimin, husband of king Jeon, he gave us his father's palace to live in when we had nowhere to go," Odi jumped up happily.

"Ah kid, you and the stories you're imagining," her mother shook her head miserably while Jimin was standing there looking behind them unable to believe there was really one person who remembered him, but she was a hybrid child so no one would believe her.

"Why am I needed?" Muttered Jungkook to the main senator who was leading him along the palace in a rushed tempo.

The man has disturbed his training because of an important issue so they were now walking up the marble stairs.

"Please enter king," the senator pushed a door open revealing a big study room where Valerie was standing in a magnificent dress smiling to a man with brushes.

"My king," she bowed to Jungkook her eyes lighting up.

Thank you so much for your love. Did you like the chapter? What do you think about Jin's answer and Jimin's meeting with the hybrid girl. What does Valerie want from Jungkook?

Much <3