27. Husband

Kanteni cleared her throat, her posture tense as it has definitely been a huge challenge for her to talk in front of the king

"The legend says only the one with the purest heart can look into the eyes of the Veil and stay unharmed. The Veil's power can bring whole nations down but it crushes in front of the purest heart."

There was a shiver breaking out along Jimin's spine, was it really the reason why only him and Odi could see the true face of the monster queen?

"You have seen a Veil, right?" General Fang's yellow eyes turned his way.

"I rather not speak about it," whispered Jimin feeling that awful cold spreads along his body again.

"If you two are done having too much fun, let's concentrate on the issue at hand," Jungkook's fist landed on the table when Jimin raised his eyes open in shock, as Jungkook hasn't been acting anything but like himself since last night.

"So, how to defeat a Veil?" Jungkook didn't spare them any more glances turning to the girl.

"A way to defeat a Veil is to rememb..."

She could never finish the sentence as the doors fell open when dark ribbons of dust fell inside materializing into those masked warriors that had been chasing them here last night.

"Stay behind me!" Yelled general Fang covering Jimin with his huge body when all the others raised up their swords immediately starting the fight, the young girl so stunningly skilled she was getting through the enemies like a storm.

Jimin panting loudly as the place where Namjoon's blade had touched his chest exploded with extreme pain so he sat down curlier up between the bench and the table watching that madness all around, flashing armory and arrows, general Fang shifting to use his insane tiger strength against the monsters. Jungkook and Yoongi were fighting back to back slowly making it around the table closer to that place were he was hiding, but a shape brushed the bench and the cold inside him became so strong Jimin cuddled to the tail to at least find a bit of warmth. The Veil made a circle this time coming closer, the cloud of ashes around her almost touching his skin.

"Are you afraid of death little fox?" He Heard- that voice coming from everywhere and nowhere, so he scooped more under the table when a roar sounded as few arrows sliced general Fang's arm. There was bang when Yoongi had his sword take away so he was now running towards the door, Kantani surrounded by so many enemies you could barely see her and Jungkook was pushed on the floor, the blade falling out of his hand, that monstrous warriors spanning their bows aiming at his heart and skull when Jimin freaked out jumping from underneath the table, over the bench to reach his husband and grab that dagger he was always carrying hidden behind his belt. The next moment the arrows sliced the air but Jimin's fingers rubbed the rough surface of the ruby when the everlasting light exploded from the blade and his body changing into a glowing bubble around them. The arrows crushing into it to be immediately destroyed all monsters floating around that shield, but non could reach through that magical barrier. Jimin's hand trembling yet he was holding the everlasting light up above himself and Jungkook to protect the one he loved way more than his own life, the light spreading over the room becoming so strong all the monsters were burning down in it escaping through the windows and doors. Soon there was just silence left all eyes on him and he freaked out letting the dagger fall, Jungkook picked up to rub over the ruby, the everlasting light fading.

They were there, standing in front of each other yet Jimin felt they had never been so distant.

"Jungkook..." he whispered.

"It's king Jeon for you," Jungkook's whole posture was trembling.

"Why? I don't understand. What have I done wrong?" A few tears rolled down Jimin's cheeks.

"Who are you you traitor! You know secrets no one knows. How can you know about that dagger! No one knows about that dagger! It had been mine and Emerald's secret!" Jungkook was yelling his face so scary Jimin took two steps back.

"Jungkook I..."

"Who are you? You and your traitor husband!" Jungkook suddenly raised his hand pointing at general Fang.

"My who?" Asked Jimin, his jaw trembling.

"Don't play so innocent. Is this all you two have plotted to take away my throne? You and this filthy tiger hybrid who is your husband!"

"What?" Jimin cried out taking another step back, his heart and soul in so much pain it could rip him into pieces. "He's not... how can you even think that!" He suddenly turned running out of that room as there was nothing to breath with in here pushing a heavy door open to fall on that long terrace where he had been doing night walks with Jungkook during their honeymoon what seemed like memories belonging to someone else now. His whole body shaken from how hard he was sobbing when he grabbed a pillar to not to fall yelling his pain out.

The silence that fell was scary, the heavy door bouncing back and forth when Jungkook was standing there squeezing the dagger. Has he just yelled at Jimin, the one who has used his power to create a shield and rescue his life and the lives of everyone in here. Was that burning jealousy so unbearable, the thought the one he wanted with all his being belongs to someone else. That filthy tiger over there.

"King. I am not Jimin's husband," said the tiger man looking him straight into the eyes and Jungkook was stunned to find no lie in them.

"Wha... no, who is it then?" He suddenly stumbled out of the room running out through the same door Jimin has went his body in pain as that tiger was lying to protect his fox husband. The anger, guilt and jealousy burning, pushing him forward towards Jimin who was sobbing madly clinging to a pillar.

"Jimin!" Jungkook raised his voice to see absolutely frightened green eyes looking up at him. "At least have some self respect and tell me. Is that filthy tiger hybrid your husband."

"No, he... he's not my husband, how can you..." Jimin's jaw was trembling, tears rolling down his cheeks but Jungkook was too mad to care about anything and he was hurting as much.

"Not him! Yes! You little lier tell me who is your husband!" Jungkook was approaching yelling when Jimin clung to the pillar trembling.

"No... no... he is not..."

"Is he your husband! Who is your husband! Tell me!" Jungkook hit the pillar above his head.

I am his husband, whispered that tiny voice in his mind.

Thank you so much for all your support. What do you think about the chapter? I didn't have time to edit it so I'm apologizing for the mistakes in advance. So what do you think about Jimin rescuing Jungkook and Jikook's argument? What will happen now?

Much <3