4. A hybrid in the forest

There was a huge crowd of citizens waiting for him when he has entered the capital accompanied by his soldiers and servants three days later

There was a huge crowd of citizens waiting for him when he has entered the capital accompanied by his soldiers and servants three days later. The carriage queen Valerie was in brought an uneasy feeling into his insides each time he was glancing towards it. She's just a woman, you had women, he was trying to reason himself walking towards the palace. The people gathered around the gates all looking towards him and his company in surprise.
The carriage behind him stopped, the servants opened the door leading the queen outside.

"Ah! Mum so scary!" He heard a squeal from the crowd and saw a tiny girl with rabbit ears cuddling to her mother.

"Citizens hello, I wanted to introduce myself," Valerie started speaking and he opened his mouth in shock hearing her raised voice. "I am king Jeon's fiancée, me and the king will close the bond in three months from now, so you can call me the king's wife," she smiled widely waving to the crowd.

"Mum why is that scary monster here!" Cried the same rabbit girl.

Valerie's cheeks became red.

"Guards there are hybrids there! Why aren't they dead! Kill them immediately!" She shouted and the soldiers moved through the crowd grabbing the mother, an eagle hybrid accompanying them and the little girl, one pulled out of the mother's arms brutally.

The girl was screaming for help when the soldier holding her raised his sword.

"Stop! Are you crazy! Stop!" Yelled Jungkook so a total silence filled the main square in front of the palace.

"My king, they're hybrids, hybrids are bad. They're spreading bugs and diseases," said Valerie turning cried out eyes towards him.

The same line spoken by general Hoseok sounded in his mind and for a second he was back in the army camp during the coldest night this century looking from Hoseok to a half naked and bruised colibri girl lying in the mud. He had been just hurrying to his tent, his backpack extra heavy, because...

"King!" Valerie's impatient tone brought him back to here and now.

"No innocent blood will be spilled in my land," said Jungkook stepping forward. "Especially a child's blood," he knelt down in front of the trembling rabbit girl who looked at him with frightened cried out blue eyes.

"Hey, it's ok, no one will harm you," whispered Jungkook taking her tiny hands in his palms.

"King Jeon, please please don't marry that scary monster. Where is king Jimin? You love king Jimin," she said her whole body trembling.

"What are you talking about?" Asked Jungkook buffed.

"That kid is mentally ill!" Yelled Valerie. "Head it immediately!"

"Valerie, don't disrespect your king like that. This is my land. I'm the king here so my orders are law," Jungkook got up tossing her a hard glance. "Let the hybrids go and bring the queen to her chamber," he said and no one dared to ignore his orders.

Valerie seemed upset yet walked behind the guards into the palace.

"What should we do with those hybrids?" Asked one of his soldiers. "Decree 3005 says all hybrids should be killed immediately, and those were seen lurking around in general Hoseok's palace."

"Those hybrids are now under my protection, no one can harm them. Let them stay in general Hoseok's palace."

"Um..." a voice sounded behind him and Jungkook turned swiftly to see that young magician Taehyung. "Excuse me king, but does that mean I should live underneath one roof with hybrids?"

Jungkook ignored his remark completely caressing over the girl's soft rabbit ears, that gesture pushing some strings in his heart it began to ache so much he was afraid it will break.

"Bring me my fastest horse, I need to clear my head!" He ordered so some servants hurried towards the stable.

The hybrid girl was still looking at him with big blue eyes and he needed to turn away as her gaze was making him so embarrassed and torn, his chest raising a falling in rapid breaths.
The moment the horse was ready he jumped on it riding as fast as wind out of the capital into some deeply green woods, as far away from that annoying woman, his solders almost killing a sweet rabbit girl and his own so uneasy heart.

The leaves above his head were so green, the sun rays falling through them causing rainbows to appear on dew drops. It was spring again, that insanely long winter had ended yet Jimin would do everything to go back in time and be with Jungkook again.

It had been three days of walking through wild regions till he was here, in the forest at the border of the capital taking a small rest while lying on soft moose. The 48 hours must have for sure passed but he was still alive. Strange? Was it because of that green stone like thing the old lady had told him to swallow. She had told him to walk this direction and only gave him a clue he had already forgotten.

Why am I just a stupid little fox, he thought. If I had been human, Jungkook would have loved me right? Some tears left his eyes rolling down his cheeks. He missed Jungkook with all his being could break to pieces from pain. Where was he now, his beloved husband, he hoped not with that monstrous woman with the scariest face he has ever seen.

Why has he suddenly abandoned me as if all we had was nothing? Was it because I'm a hybrid and he's embarrassed of me? There were millions of questions in Jimin's head unanswered. A beautiful butterfly flew above his head, the sun rays reflecting on its wings. It seemed to dance above his nose so peacefully, but it was suddenly caught and smashed in a gloved hand.

Jimin needed a few seconds to grasp there were two men in hunter uniforms above him, ones he hasn't seen since the times of Namjoon's ruling.

"What do we have here, a dirty exhausted fox hybrid. Too wasted to run," said the man closer to him sprinkling the rests of the butterfly onto his chest.
It became dark in front of Jimin's eyes, especially as one of the men took an ax out of behind his belt.

"What will we cut off first? The tail?" He asked with a awful grin on his scary face and Jimin began to scream for his life.

Thank you so much for your feedback, I hope you're enjoying this story so far. What do you think about Jungkook rescuing the rabbit hybrid her moth and uncle? What will happen to Jimin?

Much <3