17. Promises I can't keep

"Odi, what have I told you about making up stories!" Shouted her mother

"But king Jimin has rescued us all, how can you not remember!" Tears began to storm down the girl's face.

"It's ok Odi. My father's house is yours forever, you don't need to worry," whispered Jimin calmly when Jungkook's blood froze in his veins, so he was indeed Emerald's and Hoseok's son.

Was that little girl there the only one aware of something the adults couldn't recap?

"Let's eat, the pancakes will get cold," muttered Jungkook to cut that insane tension so the hybrids sat down and everyone began to eat in silence.

"Thank you so much for the wonderful evening," Jungkook nodded his head to his hosts two hours later.

"Come back soon," Odi hugged them both, Jimin a little longer.

"And did you have a good time?" Asked Jimin when they were walking up towards the main palace.

"Yes, it was amazing, they're so sweet and Odi is cute. I could have a child like her one day," he whispered looking at Jimin's fluffy tail and ears his imagination playing wild creating an image of a little boy with the same sweet fox features.

Jimin blushed terribly then lowered his head.

"The future queen can for sure grant that wish of yours," there was some sadness in his voice when Jungkook felt as if someone was cutting through him.

"No, she can not," he muttered pulling Jimin closer. "I want a child with soft fox ears and a magnificent fox tail," he whispered right into Jimin's ear.

"I can not grant that wish king Jeon, it's biologically impossible. I'm also a man," muttered Jimin his green eyes filled with despair.

"I know, it's just... a man can dream," Jungkook laughed it off kissing Jimin's fox ear trying to ignore that strange sudden disappointment.

Why was he even imagining things that could hurt him, he was getting married to someone else, someone he hated in less than two months and Jimin alike him was a man, so they could never have a family out of their own flesh and blood.

"Let's go to our bedroom," muttered Jungkook.
Jimin just nodded, the unspoken things turning into silence between them when they were walking along the quiet palace cuddling to each other towards the bedroom they had been sharing for the past weeks.

Jungkook pushed the door open when Jimin let go off him sighing loudly falling on the bed.

"Would you like to take a bath first?" Asked Jungkook untying his shirt but a scream rang the room and he turned to freeze in horror as a hollow like a monstrous mouth has opened in the middle of the bed trying to swallow Jimin. Green tentacle like arms were tearing on his ears and tail.