21. Cuddling a fox

There was a burning opening instead of the front door, so dragon-Tae must have squeezed through it

"Odi! Hali! Fabian! Taehyung! Are you ok!" The glittering sword was trembling in his hand when he stormed the house to find that monster maiden lying knocked out on the floor the grapes scattered around the tray.

"King Jimin," squealed Odi running to him to hug his waist.

"You still remember me," he sighed, but there was a loud bang when a vase broke over the floor so he turned quickly.

"What are you guys doing?" There was shaman Jin in his travel robes standing in the hall.

"You're back!" Taehyung took a swift breath in behind Jimin's back.

"As you see," Jin combed his hair back.

"You should have been here! Jimin has lost half of his ear!" Taehyung's voice was sharp when Jin's eyes filled with regret.

"I will treat the wounds so they will heal quicker, but at that point I'm unable to restore the missing piece of the ear."

"Don't bother," whispered Jimin letting go off Odi. "It's not important anymore," he suddenly left the house his chin trembling.

Why would he need both complete ears if he was not bound to survive this here.

"You have all the answers inside, your heart remembers, now you need to remember it all..."
Emerald's words were playing on replay in his head when Jungkook entered the quiet palace. It was almost dawn, the next day marking that huge engagement ball planned.

Why was that thought cutting through his soul, as if he had been poisoned by something so difficult. The corridors dark, but he preferred it that way. Why looking for answers was opening even more questions? His steps heavy until he stopped in front of Jimin's room door. Wasn't it against that deal he has made, but he pressed the door knob to glance inside. The huge bed was empty.

"Jimin?" He stepped inside searching the room and the bathroom, but there were no traces of his little fox.

All hair on his body raising from worry, as what if that monster queen has hurt Jimin when he had been away? His heart banging loudly when he stormed his room to freeze at the sight of a tiny snow fox trembling underneath a pillow.

"Jimin," Jungkook sighed sitting down on the bed to lift his hand and caress over the soft fur.

There were just small tears leaving the fox's eyes and his heart was bleeding at that sight.

"Jimin, what happened?"

The fox didn't make any move to shift so Jungkook lifted him gently to wrap him into his arms and kiss the top of his head.

"Please change into human and tell me what has happened," he begged caressing into that fur, kissing the wound of the missing part of the ear.

The fox was still crying trembling in his arms.

"I don't want to do this here as much as you don't want it. Trust me, I'm looking for answers, for a solution to this chaos. Please shift and speak to me."

The fox shook his head cuddling into his chest so Jungkook stayed like that, holding Jimin's fox form in his arms hoping it will be enough for both of them to survive that pain.

The red ball of the sun was falling behind the tree line, time was crawling till that cursed ball, so Jimin sneaked into the library hoping to hide in there, but the moment he entered he was confronted with Taehyung. The magician's robe and face covered in thick dust, many opened books scattered all around him.

"Hi," Jimin stopped at the nearest shelf.

"It's good you're here, I will need some assistance."

"In?"

"I'm looking for that thing we have seen last night, took all possible books mentioning all types of monsters, spirits, demons or other dark magic species. I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned before," Taehyung opened another volume and both began to caugh because of that huge cloud of dust that lifted off it.

"Look for anything you might find useful and bring those books here," ordered Taehyung before diving in that thick volume, so Jimin sighed walking down along the bookshelves, taking some out to watch the shape of letters or the strange drawings on the covers.

Didn't Tae know that a small hybrid like him only knew the five first letters of the alphabet, because this was how much his mum has managed to teach him before he had lost her.

Still the urge to help his friend was strong so he was searching eagerly, the sunset slowly fading so Taehyung lit up magical flying candles that were following Jimin along those rows deeper into the labyrinth of the library. There was some strange glow coming from the shelve on the right, so he approached on wobbly legs. Were all books here safe to be touched, what if some were cursed, he has already almost lost one ear.

The door banged and Jimin stopped in front of that glowing book listening in.

"I'm looking for Jimin, have you seen him?" That low voice brought goosebumps to his system as it belonged to Jungkook.

Thank you so much for all your support. I hope you enjoyed the chapter. What do you think about Jikook's little moment in Jimin's fox form and Tae trying to look for answers? Will Jikook be able to stay apart? Will they find anything in the library?

Much <3