3. Queen

"It tastes like raw frogs, it's awful

"It tastes like raw frogs, it's awful. Tae once fed me those thinking this is what foxes like," Jimin sat up remembering his fiend.

Would Tae recognize him, probably not.

"Go, run," the old woman looked around all frightened.

"If it's some poison you have done me a favor, my peril will end quicker," Jimin stood up towering over her tiny wrinkled body.

"Run now, this way and don't stop."

"Where should I go?"

"The end of your route is the beginning of your journey. Good luck. Quick they're coming!" She raised her voice so his heartbeat sped up when he noticed shapes of people approaching.
It was instinctive, like after his mother's death, he turned around sprinting into the darkness jumping down a wall to run over a street and hide in the shadow of some buildings, his fox senses raised so he was avoiding bumping into any human finally reaching the main gate.
He could shift and slip through but the old woman has told him not to.

Why would I listen to some stranger, thought Jimin taking two steps towards the end of the shadow looking at the guards at the gate, his skin filled with goosebumps so he scooped back walking around the house leaning at the wall to inhale sharply, the cloud moved and the sharp moonlighting exposed a willow growing in that garden belonging to the house, with branches reaching over the city wall and Jimin never thought twice sprinting this way just shifting his fox claws to climb the tree.

"I'm dizzy from dancing I need a rest," Jungkook freed his hands off the lady's grip.

She has been stunning, a real beauty with those long brown hair and gray eyes composing with her milky skin.

"It has been a pleasure king Jeon," she bowed spreading the read dress on the floor in a royal way.

"Thank you my lady, I haven't had such fun since... I can't remember," Jungkook touched his forehead.

Has he drunk something tonight, he could swear he was completely sober, yet it seemed as if something had been missing as if he had lost something absolutely important.

"King Jeon could you do me the honor and walk with me along the terrace. There is an important matter I need to discuss with you," the woman straightened so he nodded his head walking out between the dancing guests into the clear moonlight filled night.

The steep was so calm, Jungkook couldn't really recall why he has come here in the first place. For the party, yes king Yoongi has invited him to his annual festa, like he had used to invite his parents years ago. To seek for a good meditation place in that empty steep, his eyes falling at the land of the Veil behind the mountains bringing a cold shiver over his body.

"My king," the woman spoke bringing him back to here and now.

"Yes lady," he turned to her to catch a burning almost sheepish stare.

"My name is queen Valerie, I am a queen of a small beautiful land East from here. You may not be aware but my parents had made a deal with your parents years ago to close a pact between our kingdoms by marriage, so I am actually your fiancée. I have thought my husband to be is lost for so many years, but when I received the happy news about you returning and dethroning Namjoon, I set off to meet you as soon as possible. You can not believe how happy I am to finally see you in person," tears began to storm down her face when Jungkook was completely silent shocked by her words.

He remembered he had never been into anyone, always seeking for quick physical pleasures with courtesans in his parents' palace, during the war. His last memory of a pond between pillars in duke Samou's castle, when he was getting drunk on whine and touches while looking at... a bench... his stomach sliced by sudden guilt.

"I've just became king, I want to enjoy my youth and my life. I'm not ready to settle," muttered Jungkook and it came out so dryly.

"King Jeon, that has been your parents' deepest wish, they would have wanted to see you married and happy. I will make you happy, I promise," she approached when it became dark in front of his eyes.

"We don't know each other."

"We can get to know each other. Allow me to accompany you back to your palace, I will gradually show you my virtues as a future wife."

Jungkook's muscles tensed, his knuckles white from squeezing.

"The dance was nice but that's way not enough for me to bed you," he hissed passing her.

"King Jeon, will you really go against your parents' last wish and break the promise they had made," her voice was faint yet sounded like a threat.

"I honor my parents and their memory queen Valerie. I'm going back to my palace immediately so you can pack," he said looking from her as all of him wanted to yell into her face that he's damn too young for marriage and if he ever does then only because of being madly in love, but he knew all to well he couldn't disrespect his parents like that by breaking their promise.

"Am I cursed or something?" Hissed Jungkook looking up at himself in the mirror.

The encounter with the woman has made him so angry. He remembered his parents had mentioned something like that years ago, but he has never imagined they had actually closed the bond. Had he never tried to fight back for his crown and defeat Namjoon, he would have been a free man now, having so much fun with random girls.

Whatever, I can just marry her but live in separate parts of the palace, she's not so ugly so one night a year would be bearable, he thought sarcastically untying his jacket and shirt, taking the clothes off swiftly then getting rid of the jewelry stopping when his fingers closed on a silver ring.

There was something about that piece of shiny metal that made his heart ache so suddenly he turned around tossing a glance over the king size bed and the torn sheets.

He had been attacked by Lumilars, but why has he been fighting them?

Jungkook touched his head walking towards the bed, lying down, but he couldn't find a comfortable place, his arms seemed so empty, as if they were supposed to hold something, his gaze falling back on the ring, no matter how hard he was trying he couldn't remember where or how he has gotten it.

Thank you so much for your support. I really hope you enjoyed the chapter. What do you think about Jimin running and Jungkook's conversation with the queen? What will happen when he returns to his palace?

Much <3