20. Emerald

"So naive you are

"So naive you are... little prince," he turned to see the same monstrous face that has nearly terrified him to death years ago.

Clawed, a hand reached for him, but the dagger in his hand exploded with sudden light so the forest became glowing like in bright daylight, the creature gave out an inhuman like shriek changing into a ribbon of darkness disappearing between the trees when a person materialized out of his dagger and Jungkook sank to his knees recognizing Emerald.

"Nanny," he whispered his jaw trembling especially as those green eyes were exactly like Jimin's.

"Kookie, my sweet boy, don't lose yourself in darkness," she spoke softly when tears began to storm off his eyes. "Even if your eyes are blinded, your mind is filled with fog follow that inner voice because your heart knows."

"What do I know, I am so lost," he whispered when her shape was fading out in the light.

"You have all the answers inside, your heart remembers, now you need to remember it all..."

"Remember what? Emerald! Tell me the truth!" He yelled his cry echoing through the forest.

"Please take care of my baby boy..." her voice was just a breeze of air, a second later she was gone just the glittering dagger lying there.

Jungkook was trembling kneeling in the fallen leaves and he needed a long moment to collect himself.

"How's your ear?" Taehyung lifted his head from above a book in the library when Jimin tiptoed inside.

The palace servants have told him that Jungkook has left somewhere in the middle of the night on Fan-dance, his heart worried, his slowly healing wounds giving him a hard time, so he searched for his friend.

"I guess nothing will change there anymore, it's gone," he muttered stopping above Taehyung to discover he was leafing through a volume with pictures of horrifying creatures while there was a child's drawing resting on the desk next to it.

"What is this?" Jimin pointed at the book.

"The Encyclopedia of Monsters," Taehyung rubbed his curls as if considering something. "Odi is always drawing the future queen like that and I decided to check if creatures like those exist."

"And, have you found anything," Jimin trembled, why was it only him and Odi seeing the monster queen's true face.

Because we're not a threat for her, right, a raccoon with one missing ear and a baby rabbit hybrid, two people no one would believe, he thought bitterly.

"So far no luck, but I'm not giving in. Too many strange things have happened lately, there's something very bad going on. I feel as if someone has put some dark spell on us," Taehyung was serious flipping the pages smoothly. "Do you also see her like that?" He suddenly lifted the drawing causing Jimin's heart to double jump.

"I can not tell..."

The library door banged and he froze seeing a woman with an almost equally monstrous face as the queen coming in, she was wearing a flower crown and a long white dress holding a tray of finest dishes.

"Secret Circle Magician, I have brought you a sweet gift from the queen," she said approaching when Taehyung's face darkened. "We're giving them out to everyone in the capital to celebrate tomorrow's engagement ball of the royal couple," she was speaking coming forward when Jimin felt Taehyung's hand closing on his arm.

"We're good, don't want anything from that queen," said Taehyung when the woman never stopped.

"Secret Circle Magician, the queen said eat!" She suddenly hissed in an inhuman like way changing into a warrior form lifting a sharp knife when Taehyung squealed jumping underneath the desk and Jimin reacted before he could think taking the nearest book, lifting to block her attack, but it changed into a glittering sword in his hand, the blade getting through her arms causing dark smoke to come out instead of blood.

Her shriek rang the night and she fled outside.

"What was that? Are you? Are you a magician? Is she gone?" Taehyung stuck his head out from underneath the table.

"Tae, really, you're not as much of a coward as you think you are," Jimin sighed looking down at the glittering blade in his hand.

It was the second time in his life when something so strange has happened.

"Uh, that was close," Taehyung crawled from underneath the table fixing his robe. "Wait what has she said, they're delivering those things to everyone?"

"Odi!" Jimin trembled running towards the door Taehyung standing there like frozen.
"Quickly we need to save Odi, Hali and Fabian!"

"Um... Go ahead."

"Tae, stop that, you can do it," Jimin sighed.

"I'm not fancy to die at that young age... oh, ok," he finally moved following Jimin out into the corridor, both running along it, but the door on the other side opened revealing a flying shape in a blue cloak. Her monstrous face made Taehyung scream and sprint the opposite way, but Jimin was standing there squeezing the sword tighter.

He has never fought in his life, was just a small hybrid that inherited some magical abilities after his mother while she was that demonic queen who has taken away everything he loved.
Her long thin sword cut the air but he lifted the glittering blade and both crushed, a huge portion of light coming out making the creature squeal.

"Taehyung! Go to find Odi and the others!" Yelled Jimin and the magician glanced from behind a statue he was using as a hideout.

"If this here goes bad..."

"Hurry!" Jimin was trying to withstand the force of the queen's force, the light around his sword becoming stronger.

He saw Taehyung sprinting down the corridor around him, the queen tried to reach him with her clawed hand, but he was quicker suddenly changing into a green dragon breaking the huge widow to fly out.

The monster queen hissed, but the light spread raising Jimin's hair and tail and she yelled from pain pulling away spreading into a ribbon of gray dust that faded outside.

The light still strong around him, like during the final battle and he felt the presence of his mother in it.

Was it her protecting him from another universe?

"I need to check on them," he whispered running down the palace to reach his father's house as quickly as possible, his heart racing with each passed street.

Thank you so much for your love. I hope you enjoyed the chapter. What do you think about Jungkook's meeting with Emerald and Jimin fighting with the monster queen? Will Tae be on time to rescue his hybrid friends?

Much <3