5

Santana's POV
I lie on my bed, staring into space. The room is almost in darkness, and the clock on the wall say that it's 11:03pm. I've not eaten since 1, and I'm really hungry. Brittany said that I would get dinner, but she's not made an appearance. I hear footsteps outside the door, and it opens. But instead of Brittany, the maid Rachel walks in with a tray.

R-"Hi Miss Lopez. I've brought you dinner, sorry it's late. Miss Pierce apologises"
S-"Thanks Rachel."
She goes to leave, but I call her name.
S-"Rachel? Can you stay, talk to me?"
R-"I'm not sure I should.."
S-"It won't take long."
She looks towards the door but stays where she is.

R-"What's wrong?"
S-"How much do they pay you?"
R-"Pay..me?"
S-"Yes"
R-"I'm not sure I should answer that"
S-"It's fine, I won't tell"
R-"Well, I get payed about $1200 a week. Plus I get to live and eat here. Miss Pierce is very kind."
S-"Why here? I'm sure there's other places you could work that offer accommodation and food"
R-"Yes, but Quinn is here. And I can trust Miss Pierce."
S-"Really? Why?"

Rachel nods and sits down the tray, before sitting on the end of my bed.
R-"Can I sit?"
S-"I can't exactly stop you. Sure."
She rests her back against the wall.
R-"Brittany saved my life. Her and Quinn. It was about 2 years ago. I was in an abusive relationship, and my boyfriend owed them money. They broke into my apartment when he was beating me up. They shot him, and they could have just shot me as well. I was half dead anyway. But instead they took me to the hospital, stayed with me when they were operating, and brought me back here. I've been with them ever since."
S-"So they're not all bad?"
R-"This is how they're surviving. They had no money, and this gang is what got them here."
S-"How old are you?"
R-"18. What about you?"
S-"I'm 19. It was my birthday 2 weeks ago."
R-"You went to Hillview, the private school, didn't you?"
S-"How did you know?"
R-"I went to McKinley, the public school. I would have remembered if you went there. Plus, you having a drug Lord dad kind of guarantees that you're a private school kid."
S-"You're smart"
R-"I get by."
S-"I think that we would have been friends. In another world, maybe."
R-"I think that too."
S-"When I get out, if I ever get out, could we maybe stay in contact. Talk, maybe meet up for coffee sometime? I don't have many friends."
R-"I would love to, really I would, but Miss Pierce wouldn't let me. I can't have a life outside of the gang. It's in the rules, and I can't disobey."
S-"Fine."
R-"I would have loved to-"
S-"Forget it."
R-"I'm going to go"
S-"Yeah. Leave. Go fuck Lucy or Quinn or whatever her name is. You do know that she's hooking up with the other blondie?"
R-"I thought she stopped?"
S-"Well she hasn't. She told me herself earlier. She's just using you."
R-"Quinn would never."
S-"How do you know?"

Rachel gets off the bed, tears rolling down her cheeks. She looks hurt, and really sad. I wish I could take back those words. Shit, what if Quinn finds out. I can barely trust Brittany, and Quinn seems to have some sort of personality disorder.

S-"Rachel, I'm sorry"
R-"You've said enough. I'm going to leave."
S-"No, Rachel, please."
R-"Bye."

Brittany's POV
I wake up from where I've fallen asleep. The clock reads 11:41pm, I slept way too long. I told Santana I would visit her, hopefully Rachel remembered to give her dinner. I stretch and turn on my desk lamp, before logging back into my computer. A quick check shows that I've got a message from Mikael. Finally.

I open the email, but it takes ages to load. When it eventually shows up, I almost can't believe what he's said. I sent him a picture of Santana tied up in the basement, asleep. In response, he has said

"Hello Miss Pierce.
I understand that you have abducted my daughter, and you are allegedly holding her hostage. If this is true, which I have my doubts about, I wish to see another image. But this time I want to see her in pain, desperate. Only then will I believe you, and send you the money.
Mr M. Lopez