18

Santana's POV
A bright light shines down on me, and I close my eyes again. But then I hear loud voices, and I force my eyes open to see what's happening. Last thing I remember, Brittany gave me something in my arm and I blacked out. Wait, am I home? Or did she keep me with her, and take me back. I open my eyes more and notice blonde hair lying across my chest, and arms wrapped around me. Brittany?

D-"Oh my god, she's awake! Marie!"

Ouch. That definitely isn't Brittany's soft, calm voice. That was none other than Dani. I forgot, she dyed her hair blonde a couple of weeks ago. I feel disappointed, and sad. I thought that Brittany might have had second thoughts, and let me stay with them. But I guess she's truly done with me.

I sit up more, rubbing my eyes. It's difficult, as Dani has her arms wrapped tight around me and is continuing to shout on Marie. The bedroom door-I'm in the spare bedroom, judging by the bare white walls- opens and Marie sweeps into the room. She walks over and pulls me into a gentle hug, disentangling me from Dani, thank god. She holds me close and whispers in my ear "it's okay. It's all over now. You're safe, Santana."

She steps back and pushes my hair back from my face, checking my face for any injuries. She sucks in air through her teeth.
M-"Who did this to you?"
S-"Did what?"
M-"The bruises, and I can see where the cut has healed. Did they beat you?"

Truth be told, I had almost forgotten about Quinn beating me up. It seems like so long ago. Marie will never believe me if I say that I fell or something, but I don't want to play the victim.

S-"Uhm, you could say that."
M-"Santana, you're not being clear. Did they beat you, or not."
S-"They did, once, but I deserved it-"
M-"No! You didn't deserve it. You were held hostage, and they must have brainwashed you in some way."
S-"I can assure you, I'm perfectly sane."
M-"Still, it's probably best you stay in the house until you come to terms with what happened to you."

S-"I've spent the last week trapped inside."
M-"You may go into the gardens, and of course the pool behind the house. Dani can come over any time, but that's it. I don't want the press hearing about you, I've just got rid of them."
S-"Okay. Is it okay if I use the bathroom?"

She nods and I get off the bed and walk out my room, and down to the bathroom. I can feel the phone still in my pocket, and I need to get it hidden before Marie or Dani find out about it. I saw this thing they did in a movie once, and I'm going to try it. Plus I needed to get away from them. Especially Dani, she's too clingy and annoying.

I lock the door behind me, and go over to the toilet. I lift the lid off the box at the back, wrap the phone in toilet paper, and slide it into the gap. Then I put the lid back on, and boom. It worked, and there's no chance they will find it. I flush the toilet to pretend as if I went, then go across to the sink.

When I look in the mirror, I'm almost scared. I've not seen myself since, well, the night I got abducted. My hair is matted and frizzy, and my face is bruised and cut. I genuinely do look like shit, no wonder Marie was worried. I didn't realise that I looked this bad. I can see why Brittany wasn't into me, if I looked like this.

Wait. Before I blacked out, I remember being kissed. By Brittany I think, I'm not sure. It might have just been the drugs, but it seemed pretty real. She said something too, what was it. Oh yeah, "I'll always love you. Just a little bit."

What the fuck. Is it bringing her joy to fuck with my feelings like this? Did she like me all along, and just hid it really well. Did she want to torture me over this one kiss. Maybe she thought I was asleep. Maybe she didn't want to hurt me, so she waited until she thought I was asleep to say goodbye. I guess I'll never know how she really felt about me.