24

Brittany's POV
The second Santana is dragged out of the room by Mercedes, Quinn dramatically throws herself on the bed beside me.

Q-"This is going to take bloody hours."
B-"Calm down. I'm not that bad."
Q-"Brittany, I'm sorry, but have you seen your girlfriend? She already looks like a supermodel, and that's after not showering and wearing your old clothes. But now she's going to go get ready properly, which means that she's going to be the hottest girl you've ever seen."

B-"Quinn, do you have feelings for Santana? Because you sound like you have a crush on her."
Q-"Shut up. I just want you to look like you deserve her. Because you're hot as well, but you never put in any effort."
B-"Neither do you."
Q-"I do. When I want to. But now, we need to get you ready. Santana Lopez's jaw isn't going to leave the fucking floor after I've finished with you."

Quinn shoves me, and I get off the bed. I'll shower, then try find something suitable to wear. It's not that I don't have much clothes, but I don't have anything first-date worthy. I have jeans, T-shirts, sport clothes, and hoodies. But I can't exactly rock up to Breadstix with Santana, who will look amazing, and I'm wearing ancient jeans and an old band T-shirt.

I shower quickly and wash my hair. I even shave my legs and stuff. Making the extra effort, all for Santana. I finish drying off and wrap myself in the towel, before wandering through to the bedroom again. Quinn isn't in there, but she's kindly left out a bra and underwear for me.

When I finish putting that on, Quinn bursts through the door with an armful of dresses. She chucks them on the bed, and walks back out muttering something about curlers and Rachel. I sort through the pile of multicoloured clothing. The orange frilly thing and the red Lacy dress are both immediately ruled out. Just no. I'm not sure about the green one either.

Quinn walks back in with the curlers, and gestures to the dresses.

Q-"Try them on. They might be a bit tight, but I'm sure Santana won't be complaining."
B-"I admire your twisted genius. I'm don't think that the orange, red, or green one will suit me."
Q-"Sure. I think that the blue one will look best, or the pink one."
B-"Pink? I'll look like a budget barbie."
Q-"Fine. At least try on the blue one."

I roll my eyes and pick up the blue one. First thing I notice is that the dress is short. Very, very short. Quinn makes a hurry up motion with her hands. I pull the dress over my head and fix the skirt in place. Quinn looks me up and down before nodding her head in approval.

Q-"You look hot. But is it hot enough?"
B-"I don't know."
Q-"Try on another. Maybe the white one?"

I move to the side, where my mirror is. The dress clings to all my curves, which is weird. I wasn't even aware I had curves. I look at it from all angles, then pull it back over my head. The white one is next in the pile, and I step into it. Quinn shakes her head when she sees it.

Q-"No. That is not for you."
B-"Why not?"
Q-"It's just not your style. Not that you had one to start with, but it's not sexy. And you need sexy."
B-"Okay?"
Q-"Try on the pink one. Please."
B-"Fine. If you really want."

I pick up the pink one. I have to say, it's not too bad. It's a pale pink, and seems a good enough length. I step into it, and Quinn comes over to zip up the back. She steps back and whistles slowly.

Q-"Damn."
B-"What? Is it bad?"
Q-"No. Not bad at all. Look at yourself."

I go over to the mirror. And..wow. I look different. The dress is tight, and shows off my curves. But it's not ridiculous. But it also makes me look pretty. And I never look pretty. Hot, sometimes. But never pretty. Yet this dress makes my skin look all glowy, if that's even a thing. And I think that I look like the kind of girl who could date Santana.