12

Santana's POV
When I wake up, I have no clue where I am. Until yesterday comes flooding back. Shit. My Papis dead, possibly killed by Brittany, there was a shootout and Brittany got raped and I fucking killed someone. Holy fuck, that was fucked up.

Mercedes walks over, and shakes my shoulder.
M-"I know you're awake. You feeling okay?"
S-"Yeah, I guess."
M-"That's a lie, but I'm not going to push it. You hungry? Some angel bought cronuts for breakfast."
S-"What are cronuts?"
M-"You've never had a cronut? Oh wait, I forgot. You're rich."
S-"But seriously, what are they"
M-"If a donut and a croissant had a child. They are the best thing ever. And only available from one bakery, right here in Lima Heights."
S-"They sound pretty good."
M-"Not even close. Come on, you've got to try one. Before Blaine eats them all."

She grabs my hand and pulls me out of bed. I try to comb my hands through my hair as we walk upstairs.

S-"Mercedes?"
M-"Yeah?"
S-"Is there going to be other gang members there. Or more specifically, is Quinn going to be there.?"
M-"Yep, probably. But don't worry, we're all normal people. And people respect you now."
S-"Really? Why?"
M-"You saved Miss Pierce. You shot the person hurting her. Quinn will love you forever."
S-"Not likely."
M-"Yeah, maybe I exaggerated a bit. Well, maybe she won't want to stab your eyes out with a pencil"
S-"Good to know"

We come to the kitchen door. I can hear loud voices coming from behind it. I hesitate a bit, but Mercedes pulls me through the door.

M-"Coming through! Miss Lopez has never tried a cronut before. Urgent assistance!"

She pulls me through the crowd to the table, which is weighed down by boxes of a sugary pastry. She picks one up and gives it to me, before picking one up for herself. I close my eyes and take a bite. And, wow. That is the single best thing I've ever tasted. I open my eyes to see Mercedes giggling a little.

M-"You enjoyed that, huh?"

I nod and take another bite. I finish the rest of it in seconds. Mercedes goes off to talk to this blonde haired boy, who I recognise as one of the people who came in last night, after I shot the guy. I follow Mercedes, and stand beside her.

M-"Sam! How's Miss Pierce doing?"
S-"Better. Quinn stayed with her all night, but she should be okay."
M-"I was telling my girl Santana here that nobody hates her."
S-"No, of course not. We all hated you for hurting Rachel and generally causing problems, but you're okay now."

He gives me a smile, and I return it. Someone pushes against us and I fall into Mercedes. She catches me and shouts at the person who pushed me.
M-"Hey! Frankenteen! Watch where you're going"
F-"Mercedes, for the last time. I'm 22, we're the same age. And it's not my fault I'm tall."
M-"But I can't be bothered thinking up another name for you."
F-"Lazy"
M-"Excuse you! Who got you a new phone for free?"
F-"You? Okay, you win."
M-"That's what I thought."

He grabs a cronut and starts to eat, not paying me any attention. Then he looks at me and does a double take.
F-"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in the basement? I swear, if you've hurt Rachel again-"
M-"Calm down Finn, she's with me. Didn't you hear what happened last night?"
F-"Jesse's gang had a shootout. Miss Pierce got hurt"
M-"Miss Pierce was being raped by one of those shitheads, and Santana shot him."
F-"Santana? As in Miss Lopez. Who's standing beside you?"
M-"Yeah, duh. She's practically one of us."
F-"Not quite."

Mercedes takes my elbow and pulls me away from Finn, and over to an Asian girl who's sitting with two boys who I recognise from that day in the kitchen. Kurt is the chatty one, and Blaine is his boyfriend with too much hair gel. They look up at us then go back to their discussion. I tap Mercedes on the shoulder.