16

Brittany's POV
I must fall asleep eventually, because next thing I know Quinn is shaking me gently and whispering my name.
Q-"Brittany? Britt-Britt? Wake up, you need to eat something. It's nearly 10."
B-"10 in the morning?"
Q-"No, ten at night. Come have a snack so we can get this whole exchange over and done with."
B-"Ugh, I'm not hungry."
Q-"Brittany Susan Pierce, get out of bed now."

She pulls my arms, until I relent and stand up. A victorious smile plays on her lips as we walk downstairs.
Q-"Jesus Brittany, this is a fuck load of stairs. Remind me why we don't have an elevator?"
B-"Because they're insanely expensive, and Sam and Mike would probably break it playing one of their stupid games."
Q-"True."

After another set of stairs, and more complaint from Quinn, we finally arrive at the kitchen. It's empty, for once, and Quinn drags me in and starts looking through cupboards. I sit on the counter beside her.
Q-"What do you wanna eat?"
B-"Pasta. It's all you can cook, let's be honest."
Q-"I am offended!"

She swats me with a packet of spaghetti, then tilts her head to the side.

Q-"But you were right."

She pours the pasta into a pot with boiling water and sits up beside me. I really have missed Quinn. It's great that she's got a girlfriend now, I'm really happy for her, but she's still my best friend. How could I cope without her sarcastic remarks and unnecessary violence. It's all an act, she has the hugest heart out of anyone I know.

The pasta finally cooks and she drains it, swearing under her breath when she burns herself. I jump down and help her. Between us we manage to get the pasta into two bowls without sustaining any more injuries, and sit down at the table. For all Quinn can't cook, even she can't mess up pasta. It's not even that disgusting, and seems to be fully cooked.

Q-"What was it like kissing Santana?"
B-"Quinn, I really don't want to talk about her."
Q-"Neither do I. I just want to know about her kissing."
B-"It was okay, I guess."
Q-"Okay?"
B-"Fine. It was really good. She has super soft lips, and it wasn't like wet or anything. And when we did add tongues, it wasn't that disgusting."
Q-"Cool. Wait, are you saying that when we used tongues it was disgusting?"
B-"No. But the idea of it always makes me a bit grossed out."
Q-"It even sounds weird."
B-"Can we stop talking about it then? I'm trying to eat this barely edible pasta."
Q-"Rude! So she was a good kisser then."
B-"Yes. Very good."

We're silent for a minute. I can feel Quinn's eyes on me, but I deliberately avoid eye contact. It's nod hard to guess what she's going to say next.

Q-"You still like her."

Called it.

B-"I don't. As I said earlier, it was just confusion during an emotional time."
Q-"Brittany. I've known you since forever. And I know that when you are trying to avoid emotion, or love, you speak like a robot."
B-"I do?"
Q-"Have you not realised it?"
B-"Not really. It really annoyed Santana though, for some reason."

Q-"Aww, Britt. It's a shame that it won't work out for you and Santana. That would have been a power couple like no other."
B-"Power couple?"
Q-"She's brave enough to stand up to you, and also stand up for you. I think that you two would have been perfect for each other."
B-"Maybe. I guess we'll never know."

We finish eating, and Quinn shoves our bowls in the dishwasher as we leave the kitchen. I'm about to head to the den when she pulls my arm back upstairs.

Q-"I don't want to sound like I want rid of Santana, but shouldn't you keep planning her route home?"
B-"I've planned it. We just need to tell the others the plan."
Q-"Who do you need, and I'll get them to come up to your office."
B-"Uhm, let's see. We need Tina for the sedative, so if you could get her that would be great. Mercedes and Santana appear to have formed a friendship, so she can travel with us to keep Santana calm. Can you drive us?"
Q-"Sure. Anyone else?"
B-"Nope, that's it. I want to keep this mission to a minimum, and it's an easy one."
Q-"Okay. I'll go get Mercedes and Tina, meet you up in your office in 5."