32

Brittany's POV
I go as fast as I can, without breaking the speed limit. Getting pulled over by a cop is not on my list. What Santana said, it gave me an idea. I think I know where Quinn is. 34 Candlish Road. To anyone else it's just an address, but not to me and Quinn. It's where we used to spend all our time, before the gang went big. Back when it was just the two of us, and we were like 14. It's also where we had our first kiss, while watching the sun come up.

Candlish Road is on the other side of Lima Heights, and is right on the edge of the city. It's mostly abandoned apartments, and it's too far out for teens to come in and have parties. Me and Quinn discovered it one day, when we were trying to avoid going home, and it became our safe place. There was an old shed on the roof, which we broke the lock of and cleared it out. I haven't been in years, and being back on these streets brings back memories.

I get to the apartment block I was looking for. Santana looks at me and squeezes my hand.

S-"You can do this. Just find her."

Then she kisses my cheek, and I get out the car. Instead of wasting time breaking into the apartment block, I climb up onto the fire escape and use that to get up to the roof. When I arrive there, I can see a hunched figure sitting on the other side of the roof.
Quinn.

I start to walk towards her, but my foot catches an empty bottle, and it makes a loud clinking sound. Quinn turns around and sees me. Her mascara is streaked down her face, and her hair is tangled. I move closer, trying to get her back from the edge. She's sitting with her legs hanging over the side. It will only take one small push to go flying over the edge.

B-"Quinn?"
Q-"Just go. You weren't meant to find me."
B-"Then why did you come here?"
Q-"Because it brings back good memories. Of when it was just me and you, and we didn't have anything to worry about. And I wanted to die happy."
B-"Stop it. You're not going to die."
Q-"How do you know? You thought Rachel loved me. Look at how that ended up."
B-"Rachel fucked up big time."
Q-"That's an understatement."

She smiles bitterly, and moves closer to the edge. I come closer, until she holds up a hand.

Q-"Don't come any closer."
B-"Quinn, please stop. I can't lose you. You're my best friend. My first everything. Please don't leave."
Q-"Did it go well with Santana?"

I'm taken by surprise with her question. She's literally about to jump off a roof, but she's concerned about my relationship. I'll indulge her and talk about it, then maybe I can get to her.

B-"Yes. It went really well. We..did it."
Q-"Well done. At least you're happy."
B-"Q, you can be happy too. Even without Rachel."
Q-"Nobody wants me. I'm just an inconvenience."
B-"We all want you. Right now, the whole gang are out searching for you."
Q-"Of course they are. And I bet they're complaining to each other, about having to find me."
B-"No they're not."

Q-"You don't understand. The way they look at me. Like I'm a burden, or I have serious issues."
B-"Quinn, let's talk about this. Come away from the edge."
Q-"I have no family. My parents are long gone, and Luke couldn't even stand me. So he killed himself to get away from me."
B-"That's not true."

Q-"Why else would he do it? He was my parents favourite, the golden child. And he was so nice to me. Even if my mom and dad were really mean to me, and would hit me, he would look after me and comfort me. But then he killed himself. I was thirteen. Fucking thirteen. And I found his fucking body. Do you even know what that's like? To get in from school, and find your brothers dead body?"
B-"Quinn, don't you understand? If you die now, then I'll be like you with Luke. You're the only person who understands me, and what I've been through. You're my best friend."