21

Brittany's POV
I'm actually starting to have a good time when Mercedes grabs my arm and pulls me out the room. Before I can say anything, she starts to talk.

M-"We need to go now. Santana called me sounding fucking terrified, Marie is trying to kill her and-"
B-"Woah. Okay, I've heard enough. We're going."
M-"Who are we taking."
B-"Quinn, Sam, Mike and me. Can you log into their security cameras from here and keep me updated over radio."

She nods and goes to her room. I get the people we need, making an excuse to Kurt. There's no time to apologise, he'll understand. In minutes we're out in the car. I start to explain.

B-"Okay, so Santana contacted Mercedes while she was in distress. We're going to get her from her house, and bring her here. Is that okay with everyone?"

They nod and Quinn starts driving. We've taken the van, which has two seats in the front, two in the back, and a big space in the trunk, which we usually use to store weapons. I'm sitting up front with Quinn, and the guys are in the back. We all have a gun each, and we're ready for anything.

Quinn is driving faster than I've ever seen her. Mercedes sent us the address to Santana's house, and we're 10 minutes away. Mercedes is keeping me updated on Santana's position

M-"Okay. Marie is coming back upstairs, I think that Santana's in the bedroom. Wait, she's out on the balcony now. Hurry up, she's not got much time."

Quinn goes even faster, and we take the dirt road that leads around the back of her house. I give out instructions to everyone.

B-"Okay. Mercedes says that Santana is out in the balcony facing onto the back garden. I'll go for the pool straight ahead, and you two come in from the sides. The object is to get Santana without her or any of us getting injured. Everyone got a gun?"
S-"Yup. I'll take the right side."
M-"I'll take the left side. And my guns ready."

Quinn stops the car and we all get out. They go off to each side, and I go straight ahead. There's a wall running along the perimeter of the garden, roughly 9ft, but there's ivy that I use to climb up on. I get to the top and drop down onto the other side. I keep to the shadows and start moving forward, when a loud 'BANG' sounds. Shit. Mercedes comes in over the radio.

M-"Marie has a gun. I can see from the balcony camera that she's out there, and so is Santana. Wait, Santana is moving. Marie shot at her."
B-"I'm going in."
M-"Okay. Hold up! She's gone to the balcony ledge. I think she's gonna jump."
B-"What?"
M-"Girl get your ass over to her now."

Another gunshot sounds, and my head snaps up. Sure enough, Santana is on the ledge of the balcony. She can't jump, her hands are tied and she'll struggle to keep her head above water. She pauses and looks around, searching for something. Then she jumps. Her hair flying out behind her, she almost looks like an angel as she falls down to the pool. Water splashes up as she lands in, but I don't move just yet. Marie still has a gun, and if I run out then she'll be able to shoot me. Then Mercedes starts talking again.

M-"Brittany, you're safe to go. Sam has shot Marie, and Mike is on his way out here. I've disabled the locks on a side gate, and Quinn is waiting there in the car. Go get Santana before she fucking drowns."
B-"Shit, okay."

I start to sprint over to the pool, where Santana has stopped splashing. I look over and see her floating just below the surface. Shit, no, I'm not going to let her die. I slip off my shoes and jacket before jumping in. The water is freezing cold, and my heart stops for a second. But then I remember why I'm there. Santana hair floats up, getting in my face, but I push it away. I wrap my arms around her slim waist and pull, kicking hard with my legs. We break the surface, me gasping for breath, and I push her body on poolside before climbing out after her.