23

Brittany's POV
When we arrive back at the house, I'm starving. We laughed pretty much the whole way home. Santana can make a sex joke about literally anything I say. She says it's a talent. I just agreed. I like this side of her, the confident, sexy, cool Santana. No wonder she's had so many girls in the past. When she walks past you, it's like the sun is shining directly at you. And if she smiles, then that's you. Especially if she smiles at you, then you're hooked and you want to make her smile, and laugh, forever.

Or maybe it's just me. Either way, I love her. I'm sure of it. There's something in me that keeps telling me to make the effort, and let myself go a little. And I'm trying. Falling in love is unbelievably hard, when you're like me and so used to controlling your feelings. But I would do anything for Santana. And if all I get in return is her love, then I'm fine with that. Because I'll have Santana Lopez as my girlfriend.

Girlfriend? It sounds weird. Are we girlfriends? It's not official. Shit, should I have asked her this morning to be my girlfriend? I've never done this before, I don't know what's right. Or are we already girlfriends because we admitted that we love each other. Ugh, this is all so confusing. I wish there was a book or website that told you what to do in love. Maybe I would be better at it then.

Santana snaps her fingers in front of my face.

S-"Earth to Brittany?"
B-"Sorry. I was daydreaming again."
S-"You do it a lot. Is everything okay?"
B-"Yeah. I've just got a lot of stuff going on in my head, and it's doubled since I met you. Don't worry, it's good thoughts."

She smiles and kisses my cheek, before opening the car door and getting out. I follow her, and we hold hands as we walk back into the house. It's loud, and I'm almost knocked off my feet by Sam sprinting past. He stops just in time and looks at me and Santana.

B-"Hi Sam. Everything okay?"
S-"Mike and Tina are having another argument. And it's right in front of the kitchen door, so everyone is trapped in there with them. I'm trying to find a distraction."

Santana whispers something in my ear. When I hear what she suggests I can't believe it, but it's our only hope.

B-"Sam, come with us."

We go up to the kitchen. I can hear Tina's high pitched voice, and Mikes frustrated tone. When I walk in the door holding hands with Santana, they fall silent. Literally everyone is in the kitchen. Oh well, might as well go through with Santana's insane suggestion.

B-"Excuse me, I have something very important to do. As you all know, this is Santana Lopez. And as of this morning, she is my girlfriend."

Someone claps, but we're not done yet. I grip her hips, and pull her close. She winks at me and closes her eyes. I step forward, and press my lips to hers. She leans back, and laces her hands across the back of my neck. I slip my tongue through her parted lips, and I feel her smile into the kiss. Someone starts a clap, I think it's Quinn, and the others join in. Soon they're all whooping and cheering, Mike and Tina's argument forgotten about.

We're both reluctant to break up such an amazing kiss, but my arms are starting to get tired from holding Santana up. She pulls away and giggles, then wraps her arms around me. I glance to the side and see Mike and Tina in a similar position, and it looks like Tina is crying and smiling at the same time. Disaster averted. Everyone takes their chance and gets out the kitchen, and me, Santana, Quinn and Rachel are the only ones left. I sit down across from Quinn, and Santana goes over to Rachel and starts talking to her quietly.

Q-"So you've finally done it. You've got the girl."
B-"I think so."
Q-"And you definitely love her?"
B-"Yes."
Q-"Good. Because there's not enough love in this world, and if you have it then hold on to it tight. But make sure it's real, or you'll just get hurt."
B-"Quinn? What the fuck are you on?"