Chapter 9

1st person POV. (Y/N)

A blaring emergency alarm wakes me up, I'm very tired, and seeing the clock is only seven explains why. I didn't go to sleep until about four last night so I was going to be working with three hours of sleep today.
I hurry getting dressed and jog downstairs where most of the team already is including Clint. The others join us soon after, Tony finally turns off the alarm.
"We've got a mission. We're going right now." Tony says and everyone rushes to their rooms getting in their suits and meeting up again in the hangar.
Clint sits down in the piloting seat and Nat sits beside him. The rest sit on the long benches behind the steering area.
"Where are we going?" I ask Tony who gets out of his Iron-man suit while we're on the Quinjet.
"Canada. SHIELD has discovered a new Hydra lair." He looks at Wanda worried about her reaction.
"Great." She says when most eyes are on her. I move to sit beside her holding her hand but not saying anything. She squeezes my hand and I take it as an appreciation.
I lay my head on Wanda's shoulder, "How long does it take to get there?"
"We'll be there in about an hour," Clint responds to me.
"Okay." I close my eyes deciding to rest a bit before entering the big battle we're about to enter.

"Y/N, wake up, we're almost there." Wanda pokes me waking me.
Four hours is better than three, I think when I shake myself awake from my one-hour nap.
Clint lands smoothly in a bare spot inside a forest that surrounds the base. Everyone gathers and Tony opens the door.
"Ready?" Tony asks everyone and most respond with a nod.
"Thor, Bruce, Buck, Barton, Sam, and Wanda you're with Tony outside the building and the rest is with me going inside," Steve announces as we step off the Quinjet platform. "Let's go."
Our two groups separate, we stalk the walls of the building Steve leading. He puts his hand up when we reach a corner.
"Tony do you have a visual on the south side of the building?" Cap asks through the intercoms.
"I'm flying over there now," Tony tells us. "Clear." He states and we see him fly by us.
Cap motions for us to move on and we behind him follow.
I look at the trees while walking behind Steve and then I see a commotion in the leaves.
"Steve, there are people are hiding in the leaves." I almost whisper.
"Tony get over here, we need to get in."
"We're on our way." Clint answers for Tony.
Steve decides not to stop to ambush them but to go in the entrance, we're greeted by seven Hydra agents. Everyone takes one and they're all down in less than two minutes.
"Let's go, " Steve says, and while continuing to roam the hallways everyone catching their breaths quietly except for me.
"Be high on alert," Steve tells us when we stop at a door he's about to open.
He opens the door and quickly we move in any of us with weapons pointed up, we find a few agents working on computers.
The Hydra agents grab their weapons, mostly guns. They start moving in to ambush us so we do the same.
I get up close to a female agent and gunshots fire when she throws a punch at my gut, she hits, and taking a deep breath I've recovered. I dodge her next hit and punch her in the ribs making her let out a grunt.
Another set of gunshots fly through the air, my ears start to hurt. "Agh." Comes from Nat and when I trip the agent I turn to Nat seeing her looking at her abdomen. She holds her hand out in front of her covered with blood.
Fuck, okay, I can heal her.
"Tony meet me outside, " I say through the intercoms and he asks why but I don't answer.
A lot is happening around me when I rush to Nat.
"Steve, I'm taking her out to heal her," I tell Steve and he instructs me to do so. He covers me when Nat and I exit the room, Nat barely walks so she has her arm around my neck and I carry her out.
I see that there is as much going on as inside, Tony is flying through the sky blasting the Hydra agents on the ground. Wanda is using her powers to throw agents back, she turns her head to me, seeing Nat hanging on my shoulder makes her stop focusing on the fight and run to us.
"What happened?" She frantically questions me.
"Cover me." Is my answer and she does so.
I find my healing power inside me and make it flow to my hands that I press onto the new injury Natasha lets out a whimper. Nat is still conscious but her eyes are struggling to stay open.
"Come on, stay with me." I try to have my power heal her faster but it doesn't go any faster. The bullet went through and through, leaving two sides of the injury. I turn Nat onto her side and put my hands on each side of the wound.
"It's gonna be okay," I tell her, and more of my power exits my system.
"How we doing ou there?" Steve asks me.
"I- uh- I don't know," I tell the team who are all listening.
The injury is starting to close up and just when Tony lands beside us I look up to him and tell him to take her to the Quinjet.
Tony flies away with Nat and I run back inside where the fight is still going on.
I look around seeing that Loki is the only one slightly overwhelmed. I enter my power once again and focus on the water in my enemies. Slowly I see sweat dripping down their foreheads and not wanting to kill anybody I stop at a temperature that makes them pass out. Steve and Rhodey finish off beating the last guys.
"Transport the data on those computers onto some USB keys," Steve commands us Loki, he and Rhodey go looking through the paper files.
"Is Nat okay?"
"I got the wound to heal," I tell Steve who asked the question.
Soon Tony and his group meet us inside after clearing the exterior.
"Where's Wanda?"
"She's with Nat on the Quinjet." I'm told and I nod in response.
"Anyone found anything yet?" Tony inquires while flipping through some records.
"Yeah, just did." Comes from Bruce who sits behind me on another computer.
"What?" Tony and Steve walk over to him but I keep on looking for something, more interested in the files I scroll through.
I hear whispers from behind me getting me intrigued in the conversation Bruce, Tony, and Steve are engaging in. Turning around on the chair I sit on they whisper quickly until they realize I'm watching and Tony has the last word.
"Later." He says his face strict looking. I decide I don't want anything to do with that anymore and turn back to my computer continuing the search for important information.
We work quite quietly mostly just talking to announce our find, then when we do either Tony and Steve look at it.
"Let's wrap this up," Tony says when the sun outside is starting to paint the sky orange. We download all of the storage from the computers and take most of the paper documents with us.
"How is she." I run to Wanda who has Nat's head in her lap.
"I think she's okay." Wanda strokes Nat's hair. Bruce checks Nat's pulse finding it normal. He tells me and Wanda that he wants to check for any internal bleeding when we get back to the compound just to make sure my healing did the job fully.
The ride back home is as smooth as it was going to the Hydra compound. Nat sleeps the whole way and I and Wanda sit watching her, it sounds creepy but I promise that we did because of friendship, I justify myself in my head.
When we land Bruce runs inside the facility and returns with a stretcher to move Nat to the small infirmary of the compound.
After I get cleaned up from the mission I'm about to go check on Nat when I pulled aside by Tony, he leads me into the meeting room and Steve is sitting there looking at a computer.
"What's up?" I sit down.
"Y/N while we were on the mission we found the server that Hydra uses to communicate, " Tony sits on the other side of the table beside Steve and glances at the computer while pausing.
"Okay," I say when the of them don't say anything for a minute.
"They're talking about you," Steve tells me.
"What! Me? Wh- what are they saying!" I scramble at getting any words out of my panicked mind.
"Y/N, take a breath," Steve says.
"There were some agents who got away in the fight, they saw your powers." Tony pauses. "They're talking about kidnapping you."
"What!" I'm shocked and panicking, my thoughts are fogged and I don't say anything else, I just walk out leaving Tony and Steve sitting in the meeting room, tears glaze over my eyes but I don't let any slip out. I walk quickly to the library thinking that's the most isolated place in the compound.
I find a book I've been wanting to read and sit down in the lounge.
I struggle trying to read the book as my thoughts always wander back to Hydra and their plans. I finally give up on reading and discover that everyone's gone to bed. That's when I remember Nat and walk to the infirmary going to see if she's awake.
I walk into her room and not closing the door I lean on the frame.
Nat turns her head. "Hey."
"I'm sorry I didn't come sooner," I tell her and she shakes her head.
"I get it, Steve told me."
"I don't understand why me? Wanda's stronger, I can't even do that much." Nat looks at me and her eyes show pity.
"Y/N I don't know either, the best we can hope is that they don't want to do anything else with you except have you on their team."
"What do you mean by doing anything else to me?" I ask Nat worrying more and more about what the future holds for me as the conversation goes.
"Hydra is known to experiment and torture people."
"Oh my God!" I start pacing in front of Nat's bed.
"Y/N, calm down, sit down, " Nat sits up and pats the unoccupied space on the bed. I sit down and stare at the wall. "I haven't said thank you yet for healing me so thanks." I look at her.
"No it was nothing, it's my job and you're my friends, I can't lose the only friends I've ever had in my life, no yet."
"Still thank you."
"No, I don't want thank you's for healing people."
"I'm still thankful for your healing and Y/N, that's mature of you to say that."
"I'm not doing this for recognition or anything I decide I wanted to become an Avenger because I had powers and wanted to help people who might be going through similar stuff I went through."
"You're a great addition to the team." Nat smiles at me and I return it as best as I can.
"But how are you?"
"I'm honestly fine. Thanks to you." I roll my eyes.
"I'm still not taking your thank you."
"Now go get some sleep."
I nodded and said good night, even though I knew I wouldn't be able to fall asleep for a long time I went to bed anyway.