Chapter 26

1st person POV. (Loki)

An ambulance notice wails closer and closer, I open my eyes up gradually to find that I'm upside down, I see blood on the surface under me so promptly I feel my head. It's wet with blood, but the injury it came from has been healed, reminding me that Y/N was with me and it must've been her doing.
I look over to the passenger seat finding that she isn't sitting there, her belt hangs out of the air and the door on her side is wide open, barely on its hinges.
The ambulance parks in front of the damaged car, I look around to see if Y/N is somewhere outside the car but she isn't.
The paramedics run towards me and I start yelling at them, telling them to look for Y/N.
They look around themselves but continue to run to me.
"No, you've got to find Y/N, you have to find her!" I beg them to leave me alone.
"Look away!" The man yells, I look to my side and they break the front car window.
"We have to cut you out of the belt, so be ready to fall." The woman says. "On three, one, two, three." She cuts my seatbelt and I collapse onto the steering wheel, hurting my ribs. I groan while getting up but I'm dragged out by the paramedics.
They lay me on an orange board and start investigating my head, the woman searches through my bloody hair and shakes her head.
"I can't find anything." She tells her colleague.
"I was healed by Y/N, " I say.
"Y/N, the Daggering Phoenix?" She asks.
"Yeah, she was with me, she was in a dress, green one, where is she?" I question uneasily.
"She's not here, I'm sure of it, right now we have to transport you to the hospital." The male paramedic says.
"I am not leaving her to bleed out, " I say and try to sit up. But he pushes me down.
"Don't the people who are standing here around us are looking and haven't found anything, if they do they'll call another ambulance but we have to go." He repeats.
"Will you at least get my phone, it's at the bottom of the car," I ask, and he obliged firstly moving me on a stretcher then going to look for it.
"Here you go, " He says handing me my phone rolling me up into the ambulance with the woman. I sit up and look oper the area, still not spotting Y/N.
The guy leaves to drive and the woman hooks me up on a monitor and an IV bag. I squirm while she pokes a needle through my arm. In my other arm, I'm dialing Tony guilty for Y/N being missing.
Tony picks up and before he greets me I hear small explosions going off in the background. "I'm a little busy so it better be an emergency," Tony says.
"Tony it is an emergency, I wouldn't have called if it wasn't but it is," I tell Tony who immediately asks what happened. "Y/N's been taken, and I'm on my way to the hospital."
"Which hospital?" Tony asks and I answer him, and without saying goodbye he hangs up and leaves me to wait, wondering how long until I'll be getting yelled at by everyone.
The minute seems to pass by slower every time I think of Y/N or how the team will react. I cannot believe I allowed this to happen, I allowed Y/N to get taken, how could I have been so foolish.
At the time I'm done being examined Tony, Thor and Steve come into my room. "Come on, let's go, you're all good," Tony says. Thor has his hands crossed probably holding himself back from yelling at me, not wanting to yell at me in the hospital. Steve helps me stand up from the bed and walk out of the hospital into the car they drove here.
I'm sat in the back behind the driver seat while Tony drives, Steve sits in the passenger seat and Thor behind Steve.
"You need to tell us what happened right now! Because it sure looks like whatever happened didn't happen in the compound!" Tony yells, looking at me in the rearview mirror, his eyes flicking back and forth from the mirror to the road.
"Y/N asked me to go out for a drive and I allowed it," I answer, feeling horrible.
"What part of the rules I gave Y/N did you all not understand?" Tony asks me loudly.
"Loki, I don't understand why you would allow Y/N out of the compound! She was the person you cared most about on the team and you both risked her, going out!" Thor finally yells.
"She persuaded me!" I answer him angrily.
"She should've known better, " Steve mutters.
"Yes she should've but we knew she might do something like this that's why there's always someone with her, that's supposed to make sure she doesn't do that!" Tony tells us all.
Tony starts saying something and Thor and Steve do too, rather than listening to them I tune them out and look at the cars and trees passing by us.
I'm as angry as they are, I'm angry at me for accepting to go with Y/N and upset at Y/N for even asking me to do that. She better be safe, if anyone touches her and she ends up hurt, or worse, I'll never stop blaming myself and I'm not going to hold back on going on a rampage, so we better start making a plan as soon as possible to find her and rescue.
"Get him to Bruce, he'll make sure he's a hundred percent stable," Tony says when we drive up the compound's driveway.
Thor gets to my side going to help me but I refuse, knowing I'm alright I can walk myself to another examination that's going to confirm it. I leave Tony, Steve, and Thor to watch me walk away and immediately start shit-talking me when I'm out of earshot.
I slowly stalk down the hallway to the infirmary where Bruce is waiting for me, he quickly does all the same tests the hospital did and more, shortly alerting me that once again Y/N has saved my life and nothing is wrong.
"Even though you're fine you should take it easy, and in two hours we're having a meeting about Y/N, I don't know if I'm allowed to tell you it but. Yeah, go take a nap." Bruce tells me, and I nod and thank him before leaving to crawl in bed, staring at my ceiling for almost two hours.
When the clock is two hours later than when I got in bed I get up and walk down to the conference room. The eyes of everyone rest on me and I take a seat at the table.
"What are you doing here?" Nat asks, with anger in her voice.
"I deserve an opinion in how we rescue Y/N," I answer Nat offended by her tone.
"I don't agree," Nat says and Wanda joins her anthem
"Loki, we'll let you know what we decide," Steve says.
I am going to answer but Tony interrupts me saying, "Loki just get out."
I decided that I should sit and listen, not talk or state my opinion but they're not happy with that either so they all start verbally attacking me, except Bruce, saying that it's my fault that we're all in this position, and I was so foolish to have let Y/N go whether she persuaded me or not. And it's all true I just can't believe they don't know that I do have a conscience.
I can't do this shit anymore, I slam my fists into the table while standing up. "Do you all think I don't know that this is all my fault! I know it's all on me, I let Y/N do this, and I lost her! But you can't blame it on me! Blame it on Hydra, because it's the only reason Y/N wasn't able to go out and she was taken! I love her! I would never let her out if I didn't think it was safe and best for her!" I yell. Eyes flip over the place in confusion not understanding my words, they look at me speechless.
I leave, not able to tolerate the staring and thoughts they all must be thinking.
I shut the door harshly, hitting the first thing I approach, I shove the little things I have off my dresser, pull out every clothes I have out of my wardrobe, throw the duvet of the bed along with the pillows.
"Arghhhhhhhh!" I let out a roaring yell.
How could I have let this happened to Y/N? Was I not thinking? Why was I so foolish and careless about the things that might happen, my mind barely touched on Hydra when I thought about whether or not we should go or not. It's mostly because Y/N said only things about the team not finding out. But I can't blame it on her, not when she might be in pain. God, I just need to find her, she's the only good thing I've ever wanted, the only person I could ever rely on, she's the person who always sees the good in me, or maybe not at first but now she does. I can't believe this has happened to her.
I take the book that sits on her long untouched mattress, sit down, on her mattress my back up against the wall, and start reading.