Chapter 29

1st person POV. (Loki)

"And uhh- what am I supposed to do?" I ask.
"Give her CPR, here like this." Bruce runs over to us and starts pushing on Y/N chest up and down. He pushes hard, he takes his hands quickly away and tells me to do as he did.
I intertwine my fingers laying my hands on top of Y/N's chest, I start pushing, and again and again, nothing seems to be happening.
"Is she breathing?" Bruce asks putting gel on top of something.
I move my head to Y/Ns mouth and nose waiting for a breath from her. It doesn't come and I yell to Bruce no, continuing to pump Y/N.
"Give her mouth to mouth, every 30 chest compressions you give her two blows into her mouth." I nod and start counting the compressions I do.
When thirty comes I blow into her mouth, breaking away, taking a breath, leaning to her, and blowing another breath into her lungs.
"Come on Y/N, come on! Stay with me love."
"Loki take your hands away from her," Bruce tells me.
"No. I'm not giving up." I answer.
"I'm not telling you to give up I'm telling you to move away so I can help you." I take my hands of Y/N and Bruce rubs the things he was putting gel on together, they make a sound of power charing. He sets the things on her, one on her upper chest and the other on the side under her chest. Her back arches in the shock that comes from the device. Still, nothing happens and I continue to pump.
"Loki, move away again!" Bruce says.
I lift my hands in the air and he does the same thing as before. He shocks Y/N and this time when her back arches and comes back down we get a normal beep again.
I sigh in relief and so does Bruce he puts a bag of liquid into a tube that's connected to her arm.
I get a seat and set it by Y/Ns table. I take her hand and hold it, resting my head on the table.
We hear cars from afar away get closer to the shack, it's SHIELD.
They enter the shack and soon after the others from the team come through a portal onto the Quinjet. Eyes greet us and question us how she is. I look at Bruce, and he nods. He waits for everyone to get in and sit down.
"She went into cardiac arrest. When we took the armlet off her she had a heart attack. As you can see she is okay now. But we need to get her to Cho." Bruce informs them. Not many say anything but Wanda holds her hand over her mouth and Nat walks to sit in the co-pilot seat.
We take off and the silence is kind of overwhelming the whole flight.
I sigh and squeeze Y/Ns hand. We land and on stretchers we push her inside to Cho who sits in the reception waiting for us.
She takes the stretcher and we watch as she and her assistants run to the infirmary.
I'm patted on the back by Thor and he walks past me up to the second floor, everyone follows him to the living room including me, they all sit down to wait for the results of the tests Cho's going to do, but I pace the living room floor. Her hands were so bruised, even more, bruised than I was. Shit, she was in such bad shape.
I finally sit down, burying my head in my hands. Fuck.
Hours pass by, the ticking clock telling us every second that passes.
Footsteps come up the stairs and soon Cho is standing in front of them.
"So I took a blood sample and looked at it under a microscope, " She speaks.
"And?" Tony asks.
"And, some of her cells kept disappearing and appearing again. Also, it was really hard to get the sample, like her skin was rejecting any contact that might hurt her." She's interrupted by a message. "She has woken up, I need to go, if you want to see her, I need to ask only a few of you, two to three, to come now," Cho says before walking off to the infirmary.
"Wanda I think you should go see her," Nat says. It would've always been a sure thing to have one of the girls go see her but who else is going then?
"I'm going," Tony says. "Loki you should come to see her."
I nod and stand up with them before following Cho's footsteps downstairs.
"Thank you," I whisper to Tony when the doors to the infirmary space open up.
He continues to walk and me the last of them into Y/N's room. We step inside and Y/N is busy talking to Cho, her eyes go to us when she stops talking. She smiles a bit but then when she sees me her eyes glow in the smile.
She shuts off the sparkle that appeared but to let her know they all know I walk a few steps and hug her, she's completely shocked and didn't really hug me back.
"They know love. I told them." I whisper. "Accidentally," I add.
I feel a smile form on her face on my cheek and she hugs me back tightly. She takes a deep breath that seems to be to hold in the tears she has developed since she was taken away.
"I'm so sorry," I tell her.
"Me too. It was also my fault." She sniffles. "We were so stupid!" She laughs and I smile.
I break up our hug and kiss her on the head before sitting down by the door to let Wanda and Tony catch up with her.
She smiles, rubbing her wrists lightly. I look down on them frowning at the sight of her bruises.
"Y/N, we think we know what Hydra did." Y/N nods as Tony speaks.
"We think, from some test results, that you might have new powers that Hydra gave to you," Tony says and Y/N's eyes focus on the edge of the blanket she's under.
"What does that mean?" She asks.
"It means we don't know what they are and with training from Loki, Wanda, -" Tony points to them. "-and Strange, we should find out what they are." He says.
There's silence in the room and soon Tony sighs heavily. "Y/N, I have to ask you to tell us what happened."
"Uhm- okay. Loki can you leave." She asks me nervously.
I shake my head and say; "No, I want to hear what happened." Wanda gives me a look but I shake it off.
"Loki, please." She begs. I go up to her taking her hand and squeezing it.
"Love, I'm not going anywhere because; I want to hear it but also because I want to be here for you, support you."
She nods and tries to take a deep breath but it turns shakey. "It's okay, take your time." Wanda smiles, rubbing her other shoulder.
"I uhh-" Her voice breaks. She recovers and continues. "-I don't know why it's so hard to talk about this?" Y/N chuckles awkwardly. "Erm- so what they did was they put me in this chair, and connected me up to some device and when it turned on, it feels like I was being electrocuted. After a little while, I knew it wasn't electricity that was shocking me, it was something Hydra was transferring into me." Her voice is small and hurt, her words are jars for her to get out and so she tumbles over them.
"We can assume that what they were transferring to you was is either powers or something that affects your cells." Tony states. "And just to be sure, you don't know anything about the powers they gave you?"
"No, " She stops to think. "But there were some doctors or scientists who always had some files with them when they came in to do something, so maybe you can go look in the building for those files, they might say something about me and the things the machine did."
"Great, I'll get on that. But before I do, come here kid." Tony extends his arms to her, taking her fragile body into his embrace. They hug and when done Tony leaves to explore Y/N's suggestion.
Wanda soon says goodbye, she hugs Y/N and tells her everyone's glad she's okay, especially her, Nat, Pepper, and Maria.
I smile, kissing the back of her hand, I extend my lags on the floor standing up and kissing her forehead before I help her scoot over, Y/N, let's me up in her small infirmary bed. Her head lays on my chest, along with her hand, I examine the ugly bruises that cover her wrist, but I lead my thoughts away from that, only thinking that it's great to have Y/N back, she's safe and on a road to recovery.
Y/N hums a soft song until she falls asleep, I can't take my eyes off her wrists, she's so fragile at this moment, her light breathing soothes me, and I follow her into slumber, where happy dreams of physically healthy Y/N runs through fields with me.