Chapter 43

1st Person POV. (Y/N)

The cake buffets are pulled into the hall and the big wedding cake is put on a separate circular table. It's a black gem cake so the frosting is black, then in one place there are eatable gems that go from black to white to emerald green that has gold specks in the middle, on the frosting is a few gold stripes. The cake represents our color scheme perfectly.
I pull Loki's hand and we go outside.
"What?" I ask.
"What do you mean?"
"Tell me what you said at the alter, exactly."
"I do not only take you to be my wife, I link my life up to yours," Loki repeats.
"What do you mean by that?" I curl my eyebrows pleading with him to not say what I think he means.
"I mean that when you die, I'll perish too," Loki explained to me
"No." My eyes are wide in shock and anger almost. I start to pace the dance floor. "No. Loki. No. Why? Have you already done it?"
"No. Mother and I were going to do it after the ceremony with you in peace."
"Loki, I don't want that," I say. Loki's expression turns to disappointment, but not at me, at himself, I can see it on his face, the self-loathing starts to flourish in his mind.
"Loki, look at me." I walk to him, takes his hand, and turn his head towards me. "I just think that if we're to die I'd want you to continue and you know what if we're in battle? Or we have kids then, and they're still young? Loki, honey, they'd need a parent, they'd need you if I were to die." I say and squeeze his hand. "I'm only angry because of that, and I wished you would've talked to me before saying that."
Loki nods, avoiding looking at me, his tongue pokes at his cheek, and his lips are pursed.
"Loki, listen, it's okay, it isn't done."
"But now I look like a fool." He says, finally looking at me.
"I bet that if the movies are somewhat accurate, there is also a spell that turns your life from God to human, do you understand me." Loki shakes his head.
"You can change your mind so that from now on you'll age like a human how I will age, we can grow old together and watch our grandchildren together on a porch," I say to Loki and his eyes soften along with his expression. Are you going to do that, for me, instead?" I ask Loki, softly not wanting to pressure him into doing anything at the same time.
"Yeah." He looks at me.
"Are we good?" I bring my hand up to his cheek.
"Of course." He tries to smile.
"Good, you can talk to me about anything else whenever you want." I remind him when we start to get ready to go back inside.
"I know."
I take his hand and before we walk in I give him a quick peck and then we separate when we get inside.
The night goes on quickly, we eat, we listen to speeches, we laugh, and then I get pulled by Freya outside. I close the doors again and turn to her smiling.
"How are you, Ma'am?" Not sure what to call her.
Freya smiles. "Please, do call me Freya." She offered kindly.
"I appreciate you showing up after you know what I said," I say.
"I knew what was said was not meant for me, I may not agree with Odin about Loki but to me, Loki is a son and I do admire you for also being able to stand my mischievous son," Freya says.
"I'm glad someone recognizes the hard work I do to tolerate him." I joke and laugh. Freya smiles.
"I am quite glad that you were able to talk Loki out of the linking, I didn't like the idea,"
"Well you got to think of the future," I say.
"I agree, he talked to me about the idea you came up with and I'm not sure how I feel about it and I'm not sure Loki knows what he wants to do and so I am going to thank you for the invitation and allowing me to attend your wedding and either I will come to check on you or you and Loki can come to visit me in Åsgard," Freya says.
"We're both glad you came and I will definitely talk to Loki and just so you know I won't pressure him to do anything," I assure her.
"I have full trust in that," Freya says, she then walks towards me and extends her arms. "Welcome to the family," Freya says warmly.
"Thank you." She and I walked back in and she bids her sons goodbye and leaves gracefully walking out to go somewhere to call open the Bifrost to go home.
The DJ sneaks in with the help of Bucky and starts the music outside and before I know it I'm with the girls in the private room changing into something more comfortable to dance in. We walk back out and I and Loki have our first dance together.
"I'm sorry," I whisper.
"It's okay." Loki answers. "I'm sorry too."
I look up at him and smile. I lean in and kiss him, his lips pressing against mine.
After our romantic dance partying starts and drinks are chugged and feet are danced on through the night until I and Loki get to be alone and have our last dance. The DJ and photographer are the only ones there, watching us lean on each other sleepily, as we will do for the rest of our lives.
The night ends with us at home, at the new compound. Loki gently slides off my wedding-dance-dress letting it slip onto the floor to sit there all night. Loki's clothes get tossed around our new room we actually live in together, no separate rooms that one of us doesn't use, just one, symbolizing union as one.
The night is romantic, hot, and muffled. We fall asleep when we see the sun's hands stroke our window.

The day after starts late and I and Loki rush to go hurry and get most of the venue cleaned up. Not very much later we get joined by the whole team and we make much progress.
Unfortunately when there's only little left to clean I and Loki have to leave to go pack for the honeymoon we have booked after four hours. We thank everyone and once again we get congratulated by them and hugged goodbye.
The next hour we spend packing, then we leave for the airport where we spend of course a long time not doing anything else than waiting to board the plane to Iceland, while we're boarding the plane, Loki squeezes my hand for my attention.
I look at him.
"I love you," Loki says while we're walking down the tunnel into the plane.
I smile, "I love you too."