Chapter 18

1st person POV. (Y/N)

"Who knew bar hoping would be so fun! I thought it would be boring." Wanda exclaims as we leave the third bar we've been to tonight.
"I know right," I answer as we get on the New York subway system.
"I always knew it would be fun, just didn't have the time or friends to try it with," Nat says and we sit down on some empty seats, me sitting in the middle.
"So where to next?" I ask Nat who's already searching for some bars on her phone.
"This place sounds good," Nat says and shows us her screen, we see a photo of a nightclub, neon sign on the front reading, Saxe.
"Yeah sure," I say and Wanda also agrees to check out this place.
The ride is about fifteen minutes, it's almost halfway across town. It's great to be able to put my hair down and forgetting about Hydra and all that drama. Except it doesn't last long.
I fall against Nat as the subway suddenly stops. The stop is harsh and everyone standing falls over, people sitting collapse on the people next to them.
"What's happening?" I wonder out loud.
"I think we got in a crash," Wanda says. The subway doors open up and I scramble to get up. I try to get out of the train, there's little space to walk outside of it but when the girls join me we discussed it and decide to jump down and walk towards the front of the train.
"Be alert, we don't know what's happening in front," Nat warns us.
We move quickly but quietly, Wanda has her hands covered in red mist, ready to fight. Nat has her backup gun pointed forward. I'm not sure what to do so I simply follow them.
We start to hear yelling and some gunshots, I look at the girls concerned and they do the same. We don't discuss what we're hearing, we all know we have to go help and stop whatever's happening. The noise get's louder with every step we take.
When we turn on the corner of the subway we see another train that's also crashed, it almost got to the subway stop, people in there are screaming and banging on the windows for help.
We start walking on the other side of that train. When we get to the platform Wanda lifts us with her magic upon it. We look at the subway, we can't see anything that could've caused the crash. Not able to do anything else we start trying to open the doors that are available to the platform. Wanda opens the doors with ease, people start streaming out of the subway.
"I'm going to get the rest of the people, " I say to Nat and Wanda meaning that I was going to go in and walk through the subway making sure everyone was out.
"Be careful," Wanda says, her hand on my shoulder.
"I will be, " I give her a friendly smile and walk onto the subway.
People are running through the subway trying to find the way out. Most of the people are out, on the last shutter stock I see three children hiding under some seats.
"Hey, there," I smile allowing some sweetness into my voice.
The kids don't answer, they look like siblings, the oldest is a girl with her two younger brothers.
"I'm not going to hurt you." I offer my hand to them.
"The man will." The boy who looks to be the youngest says.
"What man? What'd he look like?" I ask them gently.
"He was in black clothes." The girl says. The boys start coming from under the seats and the girl reaches for my hand, I give it to her, helping her out from under the seat.
"He also had a red mark on his shoulder." My eyes go wide as the middle brother talks.
"Was there a skull on it with tentacles coming out from it?" I ask if it's the symbol of Hydra. The boy thinks for a second before nodding yes.
"Come on, let's go, we've got to hurry," I say to the children, pushing them gently forwards, to the exit.
When we get close we hear shots, they duck down.
"Stay here, you'll be okay," I promise them.
I run through the rest of the shutter stocks, I walk out of the open subway door, I see people screaming and running for their lives. I quickly look around to see where Nat and Wanda are, but I don't, for a second at least. When I find them I'm about to run over to them but then my eyes dart to the people they're pointing their gun and magic at. It's agents from Hydra.
They're backing Wanda and Nat up against a wall, but I'm not about to let that happen, I start running towards them, the Hydra agents have their backs to me. When I reach them I quickly punch a girl then tripping a man. As soon as the agents were disturbed Nat and Wanda started fighting with me.
Nat and I are back to back when more agents start flooding in.
"Cover me!" Wanda says.
"Why?" I ask her.
"I'm going to call for backup." She explained.
We do as she asked us to do, we fought the Hydra agents who kept coming and made sure none were going to her, which most tried to do. I looked at Nat and she had stopped for a second, fiddling with something in her purse.
"Nat look out!" I yell when I see a punch coming her way, it hits her in the nose making her lose her balance, once she recovered she punched the shit out of him.
"I can't reach anyone in the compound," Wanda says troubled.
"Have you tried Pepper?" Nat suggests.
"No, I'll try that." She gets back to her phone dialing Pepper.
"Nat if you cover me for a few seconds, I could probably get a shield around us."
"Sounds good," Nat says, agreeing to shield me.
I close my eyes and concentrate, on who I want to protect, and how. I feel power coursing in my abdomen, indicating that I'm summoning my magic. The feeling in my abdomen stops all of the sudden and when I open my eyes there is a clear silhouette around Nat and Wanda, I look at my hands and as usual, there isn't one around me.
"Great work, " Nat turns her head and smiles at me.
"Thanks, " I say and punch a guy in the nose.
"Pepper said that she wasn't there but she'd check up on them, " Wanda informs us when she joins us in the fight.
The next half an hour we fight, saving some citizens and waiting for a call from Pepper, or someone from the compound.
"We need to wrap this up!" Nat yells from across the room.
"I agree, I don't like that we're not getting any response from the compound," I say.
"Here, " Nat runs past me handing me something, when I look at it, I realize it's an earpiece. That must be what she was fiddling with before. I put the earpiece in my ear, and turn it on.
"You hear me?" I ask, still fighting the agents who might be trying to capture me.
"I hear you," Nat answers, soon after we hear Wanda.
"Pepper's calling me, cover me," Wanda says.
"I will," I tell them and run to where Wanda is, she turns her back to me and I stay in front of her, making sure no one gets by me.
"Hey, " Wanda says, her earpiece is still on so we hear everything Wanda says. "What!" She turns her head around quickly, "I'm not sure, we'll try to get there quickly but don't go any closer, wait for us." She pauses. "Pepper, I know, but you have to. Okay bye."
"What's happening?" I ask her when she joins me again.
"There's an attack at the compound." She explains. My eyes go wide, this was supposed to be a distraction so I would be captured in the compound, little did they know I was out.
"Get behind me!" Wanda says. Nat runs to us and we step behind Wanda. Her body lingers with the clear silhouette I made and her red magic. She bangs both of her hands into the concrete, making a shockwave in front of her, most of the Hydra agents fall, others decide it's best to retreat.
"Let's go," Wanda says about to run out when I tell them to wait for a minute.
I run back into the subway and the shutter stock, I left the kids in. They're hiding under some seats again. "Hey it's me, it's okay now, you can come out." I reach for them and pull out the girl, she's crying and has blood all over her clothes and hands. "What happened?" I ask her, she points to her brother's, the middle child's crying, and the youngest lays still, his breathing is shallow and inconsistent.
I quickly pull him and his brother out, I lay my hands on top of the injury, it looks like a bullet wound, one must've gotten through the metal of the subway and hit him. I think of the injury and the boy, I concentrate hard, I expect it to take as long, as usual, to begin healing but my powers work faster this time, in no time I'm drained and the boy is fine, he's pale, confused and nauseated.
I walk with the kids outside and tell them it's okay, and to get some help from the hospital to make sure he's okay. Nat and Wanda look at me, they look anxious but don't rush me. I say goodbye to them and run back to the girls.
"Let's go," I say and we run out to look for a car that can give us a ride home.

We're almost back to the compound, we're driving and soon we see Peppers car.
"You can stop here," Nat says to the taxi driver, who nods and stops by the car, Nat hands him some money and we get out. Pepper hugs Nat and Wanda, she has tears dropping from her eyes.
"It's okay, you stay here while we go help out the guys," Nat says to Pepper comforting her in her arms.
Pepper walks with us to the gate, we leave her there, not allowing h to come closer to the fight.
"You think it's bad?" I ask the girls while stalking down the long street to the compound.
"I'm not sure." Nat answers. I look up in the windows of the compound, it's far away but I can make it that that's the living room and there are small fires around, it's completely trashed.
"Let's hurry," I say, nervous about the well-being of our team.
We start jogging, we finally get to the compound doors and I stop jogging and full-on run-up stairs to the living room. My eyes scan the living room, looking for all of my teammates. I count them as I see them okay, in the corner I look at last is Loki, I breathe a little lighter when I see he's okay, he has bruises on his cheekbones and small cuts over his arms, I'm on my way to him when Tony stops me.
"Hey are you okay, I heard what happened," Tony asked.
"I'm fine, what happened here?"
"Hydra attacked us, probably wanting to catch you by distracting us with the other attack."
"Little did they know I'm a party girl." I smile.
"You shouldn't be, you're not even twenty-one years old, how'd you get into the bars, " Tony questions.
"I'm not going to tell you my tricks, " I joke.
"Then you can keep them," Tony says. "Want a few more drinks?"
"I could use them." I laugh.
"Well, come on." Tony wraps his hand around my shoulder and we walk to the bar.
The team joins us at the bar all of us having some drinks and informing each other of what happened, I don't tell them what happened with the three kids.
"I'm going to head to bed, " Steve says.
"I think I will too," I say and go to Loki's bedroom.