Chapter 34

1st person POV. (Y/N)

When we arrive the clock has become seven-fifty, as we walk up the small steps to the entrance I glance at the beautiful building we're going to dine in. The doors are opened and a smell of the delicious food lurks out of the door.
We stand in the lobby as Tony and Pepper talk to the host that guards the entrance and tables. Greatly our table is ready and we're lead there by a waitress that hands us menus as we sit down, I sit by Loki naturally as we're expected to, by everyone except the girls who now know what's up with the weird tension between us.
"Take your time, I'll be back in a few." The waitress smiled and walked away to serve someone else.
I look down at the menu at my eyes scan the names of foods, what looks the most appealing is a smoked duck.
Everyone's eyes are glued to their menus, I decide that I want a drink with and so when everyone decides on their meal I have already decided on a drink called San Francisco, basic? Maybe, do I care? No, because I Like being basic.
The waitress sees that no one's looking down anymore so she comes over with a pad in one hand in the other she has a pen.
"Are you all ready?" She asked politely.
"I am, anyone not ready?" I asked and everyone nodded. I don't give anyone the chance to ask who should go first, I just do.
"I would like the smoked duck and sweet french fries, and to begin with I also want a San Francisco, and it can arrive at any time." I finish. She asks me if I want some kind of sauce, I choose some that she counts up and soon Loki is telling her his order, and so on.
The table fills with humor as the waitress leaves with her two full pages of our table's big order. The minutes fly by and after a few drinks, jokes, and the food being eaten we finish up and agree to go home and go into a food coma after this amazing food.
Loki leaves for his room first when we get home and soon after I follow only to be found in another awkward encounter.
Loki stands facing away from me taking his shirt off, the sleeves slide down his arms until his palms take the shirt to throw it into his suitcase. He notices me but doesn't say anything he just looks at me and I at him.
In silence, we undress ourselves facing away from each other, when I'm in my pajamas I take some blankets that were in a basket and throw them on the floor, I take the pillow I would use and throw it on the floor similarly.
When I glance at Loki he has his arms folded and a brow raised.
"What?" I ask.
"You seriously aren't going to be sleeping on the floor, are you?" He asks me back.
"I don't think us sharing a bed is appropriate," I explain and he nods.
"You're not sleeping on the floor."
"Yes, I am."
"Come in bed."
"No." I shake my head.
"Y/N, seriously, we'll have boundaries, just sleep in the bed," Loki orders me to do.
"Fine, I will, but only if we make a wall of some sort to have boundaries, as you say." Loki accepted the requirements just to not have me sleeping on the ground, a thought popped in my mind of a sort thinking that he might still feel something for me and maybe we could try again, I try to shut it down quickly but the thought kept interrupting my almost asleep brain.
I tossed and turned many times before giving in to the daydream scenario where Loki and I can get back on track, soon it overtook my mind along with tiredness making me fall asleep.

I feel heavyweight on my stomach when I've laid awake for a while just resting, I feel it and discover it's Loki's hand, he has pushed the pillows up to us and they're also almost under him. I roll my eyes and before he can get embarrassed or whatever I gently lift his hand and move it off of me and tiptoe to my clothes and then into the bathroom.
I dress myself in light blue denim shorts and a white crop top, I brush my teeth and then my hair into a messy but pretty bun.
I lightly close the bedroom door where Loki's still asleep and walk down the hallway and find Wanda looking at some paper while some of my other team members eat and chat.
"What are you reading?" I walk to Wanda,
"I'm reading more thoroughly about today's activities." She piques my interest.
"Ohh really, what are we going to do?"
"We're going to go on a rented cruise ship, Tony's paying, and while on there we're going to go on banana boats."
"Huh?" I ask, confused.
"You'll understand when you see it," She says and I dismiss myself away from her and go to the refrigerator to get breakfast.
Finally, when everyone's ready, we pack swimsuits and nice evening outfits and head for the cruise ship we're supposed to spend the day on.
I and Loki are next to each other again today, we're just expected to want to be near each other, and I quite do have discovered some feelings for Loki again, I thought I was almost over them, I guess almost isn't certain or enough.
The ship was huge and white, and... pretty much like any other cruise ship.
We step on board and throw our bags into a space that's just for us. I don't think we need a space just for us when we've rented out the whole ship but I guess it's better to have all the things in the same place.
"So when are we going to go on this banana boat?" I ask Wanda when we're all having a few things for lunch together.
"I was thinking just after lunch." She tells me and I nod while she gets asked the same question I asked and more.
Not long after people agree and we hurry up to finish up eating to go get changed and hope into the ocean when the captain says we're free to do so.
I squeeze into a bathroom with Nat and we get changed together, I tie the strings of her bikini together and she ties mine. Finishing up I open my mouth.
"I think I've still got feelings I want to explore with Loki," I say and she stops in her tracks mouth wide open.
"Are you serious?
"Yeah, last night because we're sharing a room with one double bed I was going to sleep on the floor but he wasn't having it so we slept in the same bed-"
"You know you could've come and slept with me?" Nat says and I shrug.
"I wasn't thinking of that but anyway- I couldn't stop imagining him still wanting a relationship with me, and when I woke up his arm was drooped over me." I smile. "It reminded me of old times, or you know three weeks ago."
"Yeah, well I don't know if you're asking me for advice but I'm going to give it to you, you need to talk to him, if don't you never might talk to him and find out where your relationship is meant to go," Nat recommends me, she sounds like she's talking from experience but I'm not going to ask.
I nod and agree and we walk out to join our team.
"We're almost there." Wanda turns to us as we approach.
"Great," I say and see Loki standing with his arms folded, he kind of looks uncomfortable in his swimwear. I catch his eye but he looks away too quickly for me to read anything of his face.
There comes a screeching sound from the walls and then a hoarse voice speaks, probably through the speakers. "Wanda, you're all set to go." and when the voice stops talking a man opens the door and walks out to us. He shakes some hands and introduces himself as Eric. He tells us he's the banana boat instructor and then waves to the ocean asking if we're ready.
We are so one by one we put on life jackets and jump out int9 the ocean.
"Are there sharks here?" I ask Eric when he holds my hand waiting for me to jump over the ledge into the sea.
"There can be, but not very often." He assures me and I let go, leaping off the ship.
I go far down into the ocean but sway my feet helping me reach the surface.
I look around as I take a breath and Eric's eyes are on me along with Lokis eyes switching from looking at me and Eric.
I swim to Nat and then Eric jumps in and tells us to come to him.
"We're going to keep it short and simple," Eric's eyes glance over everybody but stop at me for a few seconds longer. "The banana boat will be thrown over to us in a bit but until then I'm going to tell you what to do and then I'm telling you what you're all going to do together. So there are three handles on the banana boat, front, middle, and back, you're going to be holding onto the handles if you can, and if not hold onto each other, that's pretty much it hold on, next thing you're going to be doing is competing in a contest of who can stay on the longest, you understand me?" We nod and he looks up to the boat. "We're ready." He yells.
Some hands throw the yellow banana overboard to us, it has a small motor on the back and it does kind of look like an inflated banana, we swim towards the banana Eric leading and holding it as Wanda gets on first and holds the first handle. We get on to it and in front of me is Sam, behind me is Loki and his body is very much pressed up to me to get everyone on the banana, we're I'm the middle almost but not close enough to hold it so Loki wraps his arms around me.
"So everyone set?" Wanda says yes and some nods while others agree too. "Well I'm going to start it it won't go anywhere except for in circles and not even that fast." That's when we all feel us twitch backward when it starts its first circle.
It starts slow but when it gets its rhythm it goes faster and faster, I feel a tickle sensation in my stomach and I start to giggle, others do too, I'm not sure if it's because they feel the sensation too or if my laugh is contagious. Eric then splashes us and someone's grip loosens falling of the banana and into the ocean.
Slowly fewer people are on the banana and more in the ocean. Me, Loki, Nat, Thor, Pepper, and Sam are still in the competition but then our teammates do us no favor and splash us like Eric did to get the first person in the ocean.
Thor slides off and when we go past him again Thor tugs at Loki's foot, making his grip on me falter and I start to tumble along with him, what makes me actually go is when Tony splashes Sam so his back and stomach get slippery and I and Loki fall into the water.
When I come up for air all I can do is laugh and Loki does too, for a second we both don't notice that he's still holding onto me, his arms around my waist, and when I notice the light in my eyes darkens and Loki notices letting me go. I purse my lips and swim off to Bucky who's cheering Nat on to annoy Sam. I see that Loki has joined his brother across from us and he is probably ridiculing him for ruining the game for him, I smile at the thought and turn to Bucky.
We watch as Pepper slips and then Sam, leaving Nat to throw her arms in victory and fall into the ocean.