Chapter 22

1st person POV. (Y/N)

The whole week since my birthday party has been awkward between me and Loki, to me because he's no longer my sex buddy, and to him, because I practically walked in on him having sex with reporter Stella Karen Caste. I am literally waiting for Loki to tell her something and that something will turn into a news story.
But right now is dinner so I have to but only nothing wrong mask I've been wearing for the past week and go eat.
I open my door and when I do Loki's door closes. He stands in the middle of the hallway talking to someone on his phone.
"Yeah, okay great I'll pick you up tomorrow at six," Loki says, the other person talks and then he says goodbye."
"Who was that?" I ask.
"It was Stella."
"Ohh. You're going on a date?"
"I am."
"Loki, " I say with an idea in mind,
"Yeah?" He asks me.
"I'm also going on a date tomorrow, want to go on a double date?" I suggest, not sure why I did.
"What's a double date?"
"It's a date where there are two couples on it together," I explain and he nods.
"Sure, we can have a double date, I'm going to let Stella know," Loki says and stops in his tracks to text Stella. I continue to walk and text Paul the businessman I met at my birthday party.
I'm not even sat down at the dinner table when Paul responds.
"Sounds great, see you tomorrow" His text reads, with a wink emoji at the end. I smile, put my phone down and sit down at the dinner table.
"What are you smiling at?" Rhodey asks when he serves us the dinner he and Tony cooked.
"I and Loki are going on a double date tomorrow night and my date agreed to it," I say still smiling.
"He was quick to respond," Loki notes when he joins us at the table.
"Yeah he was, what about Stella?" I ask Loki somewhat hoping that she'll agree to it.
"No she has not but she could be having dinner herself."

What am I supposed to wear? I look at my closet of fancy clothes and wonder which one to pick. This one, and these shoes, with this purse. I picked out a green emerald dress, hoping to spark something in Loki, with black heels that have a bunch of straps and a black purse. I look great!
I walk out to the living room and spin myself in front of the Avengers who all awe and cheer me on.
"Y/N you look great!" Nat says, Wanda agrees and Bucky does too.
Tony then interrupts my compliments by saying, "You better be treated right or I'll throw him down from five thousand feet up in the air, and I'll tell you that that is skydiving height."
"You don't have anything to worry about, you know who this guy is, it's Paul, the guy I met when talking to you," I tell Tony.
"You mean Paul Brightertoon?" Tony asks his eyes and ears very open to what I have to say.
"Yeah him," I confirm.
"Great, then I have nothing to worry about," Tony tells me.
"No, you don't."
"Brother I didn't know you cleaned up nicely!" Thor yells over us to Loki who's joined us downstairs.
I turn around to see him and he stands on the last step of the stairs in a black suit and his hair is slicked back as usual but cleanly. We could be going on a date with each other. I smile at Loki but turn around quickly as tears have begun invading my eyes when I think that this is supposed to be our date.
"You look good," I say when he's at my side.
"Thanks, you do too," Loki says but only to be nice, he doesn't mean anything by that.
"We should get going." I smile when Loki has talked to the team for a bit, especially about the rules of dating Tony has set.
"Yeah, shall we head out?" Loki asks me, handing his arm for me to link through.
"We shall." I smile and linked we walk to the car and drive to get our dates.
Of course, Loki drives so when we pick up Stella I move to the backseat.
A block away from Stella, lives me date Paul so in no time we're on our way to the restaurant.
"I cannot believe that I'm going on a double date with the billionaire Paul Brightertoon!" Stella exclaims in the passenger seat. I look at Paul who smiles uncomfortably.
"Sorry." I mouth to him and he gives me a genuine smile to assure me it's fine.
"How rich are you? Like what are you worth?" Stella has now turned to face Paul. God.
"Stella, right?" Paul asks but before she can verify he continues. "I'm on a date, you're on a date how about we enjoy that?" Stella turns disappointed but does back down and tries to hold hands with Loki who tells her that he's trying to drive, I smile relishing his rejection.
"Paul, so I never got to ask you at the party but what is your business about?" I ask. Stella immediately takes out her phone and I notice she goes on to the note app. Paul doesn't notice so he answers.
"My business is a traveling agency that owns hotels all over the world, so if you order a vacation through us our hotels will be much cheaper than if you order it through yourself or other agencies. We've gotten very popular, especially among some celebrities." Paul explains and I nod, not really understanding much.
"That sounds like a handful, and you're a billionaire through your business?" I ask.
"No, I'm not." He smiles, "I'm just a millionaire, barely on the brink of two hundred million dollars in my bank account."
"We're here!" Loki tells us.
Once we get out of the car it's taken away and we're lead to our reserved table.
"This is such a nice place, I've never been here before, have you?" Paul asks me and Loki. We both shake our heads but Stella then tells Paul that she's been here and suggested we'd eat here, which isn't true and I and Loki know that but don't say anything.
"Good evening, my name is Chloe and I'm your hostess, " She smiles. "Can I offer you something to drink or would you like to think about that?"
"I think I'll have some water," I say Loki orders the same as he's the driver, and Paul and Stella order a bottle of wine together.
"So Stella what exactly do you do?" I ask her.
"I'm a celebrity news reporter, so any new gossip that's newsworthy I'll present." She smiles and holy fuck we're in for a hell of a bad night. Paul gives me an eye and I look at the menu.
"So what are you all thinking of getting? I'm in the mood for lamb with a brown sauce, baked potatoes, and a salad on the side." I tell them and when we're all decided on what we want we call over our hostess and repeat our orders.
"Loki you look very nice, " Stella compliments him.
"Thank you."
"So Loki, tell me what Åsgard is like." Stella continues to talk.
"It's beautiful, it's also very different from here."
"How so?" Stella seems giddy, I'm not sure why but my gut tells me it's not because of the date.
"Paul, " I try and speak over Stella, "Where are you from?"
But before Paul gets to respond Stella decides his answer isn't going to be worthy of waiting so she asks Loki, "How many siblings do you have?"
Loki looks uncomfortable and gives Paul an apologetic look, Paul nods telling him it's alright and to answers the question Stella put out for him, Loki answers that he and Thor are only two.
"I'm an only child," Stella informs us and I can't wait for this date to end.
The date goes on like this, every time I or Paul open our mouths, ask questions or barely talk Stella interrupts us and continues to talk to Loki who looks miserable.
When I'm halfway through the food on my plate I whisper to Paul and then Loki that I'm not feeling good. They both tell me that we should go home and call it a night. I'm relieved when Stella's finally out of the car.
"Paul, I'm so sorry, we should've gone out alone." Or maybe just not at all.
"Y/N, it was not your fault, neither was it Loki's, but maybe we can try again sometime," Paul suggests and I dread having to tell him that I'm not up for another date, for probably a long time.
When Loki pulls up at Pauls's apartment building I step out with Paul, I hug him and tell him goodnight and sit down beside Loki now in the passenger seat.
"Are you okay?" I ask Loki who looks disappointed.
"Maybe you were right about Stella."
"I wish I wasn't right." I lie to Loki. If I ever get the chance to talk to Loki that has his memories of us I'm going to tell him that we should just get together, but that's probably never going to happen. "I'm not that tired want to throw some punches at each other?"
"What?" Loki cocks his eyebrow.
"I mean, do you want to train?" I look at the clock and it's pretty late. "I understand if you don't want to." I quickly assure him but he shakes his head.
"I'd like to get a little steam out before heading to bed." I smile at Loki.
The rest of the ride we're silent listening to some songs that are on the car's playlist, yeah I know weird but Tony modified it so the car play songs we put on playlists, and at the being of your drive you pick a playlist.
Loki picked the one his name was, on so songs I helped him put on the playlist pop up, and open up my new wound.
I step out of the car and together we walk to our rooms to get changed and walk back down to the training room.
"You still know how to fight, right?" I ask Loki while getting into the boxing ring.
"I do. Everything I know and has learned I remember, just my memories are gone. Or so you tell me." Loki says joining me inside the ring.
"Great so let's get started." Eager to let my rage rule over the punches I lunge forward at him, ready for our first non-sexual-tension fighting session.
Loki grabs my fist and drags me forward punching me in my stomach. He's about to hit me again when I pull my hand out from his grip and twirl away from him. My vision get's unstable and I almost fall over. Never twirl willingly in a fight.
I steady myself again and when I do Loki does not waste time by letting me recover as he did before when we were hooking up, now he has his hand around my neck and I'm in a chokehold, not even a second after I was almost on my ass.
I'm about to tap out when I get my hand in his armpit and start tackling him, he tries not to laugh and let me go but his hold starts to weaken and I slide out just when his sweet laughter escapes his mouth.
His eyes get real serious and he walks toward me intimidatingly, I back away and when I'm up against the ropes of the ring Loki opens his mouth.
"Step the hell away from me!" I yell at him before his words get out of his open mouth.
"I said step back!" I try to push him but he doesn't move.
I try pushing him again but he's as still as a tree.
Without thinking I'm punching his stomach moving him backward away from me, I push him harder this time and he falls over I now notice we're almost in one of the corners in the ring and his head collides with the pole holding the ropes.
Shit. He's on the floor and not moving. I'm still mad at him so I'm frozen but slowly I crouch down beside him and try and shake him awake. I feel his head for any sign of injury and find one. In a panic, I quickly lay my hand on his head and stroke his cheek with my other hand while I summon my power to heal Loki's wound.
"Please, come on," I beg. My eyes begin to blur and when I feel that there is no blood left leaking I remove my hand and leaving him on the boxing mattress I run-up to the third floor.
Tony's room is the first room in the hallway you see as it's facing the stairs. I quickly knock on the door rapidly not stopping until Tony opens up the door. He's confused and is in his underwear and a shirt.
"What'd you want?" He asks annoyed.
"It's Loki, " Immediately his eyes and ear perk up. "I- we were having a late training session and- and I got a little mad I pushed him and he hit his head. I healed him but, I need help."
"Get Banner!"