Chapter 35

1st Person POV. (Y/N)

We get back on board the cruise ship and slowly start to shower and make ourselves pretty for the dinner we're going to be having on the ship.
I sit down at the table, one of the first, and when everyone sat down, Loki's in front of me, Bucky's on my right side, and Nat on my left. While we eat my eyes are either glued to my dish or staring at Loki when he's staring down or around himself. I wish that the fight had never happened, especially just before Loki had to go to Åsgard. I do hope we get to talk soon so we can get on the same page where it's to give us another go or to break things off completely.
Well for now and after our chat it is what it is.
The delicious food is served to us course after course until it's desert and we get to pick what our heart desires. Luckily it doesn't take long for anyone to pick or for the desert to be made so after about another half an hour we're having a few drinks before we hope on the dance floor.
Wanda picks some fun radio station instead of just picking a playlist but whatever. I dance with the girls, pressing my body up to Nat's instead of Lokis and all I can think about is how I want us to be closer, but I keep on dancing and drinking until a slow song comes on and I look at Wanda who shrugs walking to Vision and slow dancing. Nat quirks an eyebrow, but I shake my head.
"Sorry babe's, you're going to have to find yourself another partner," I tell her and she smiles nodding most likely reading my mind, or just guessing, that I'm going to Loki.
I pace over the dance floor to Loki who has been sitting in a corner watching as we danced. "Can I ask you to offer me to dance?" I smile, feeling quite nervous but I try to hide it, I'm not sure how well I did it but Loki nods.
Eventually, he stands up and says. "May I request you join me on the dance floor?" He hands out his hand for me to take and I put mine on his, intertwining our fingers after we walk a few steps toward the dance floor. He looks at me and I think I see a glimpse of hope in his eyes.
Loki turns me toward him and put's one of his hands on my waist holding the other in place in my hand, my vacant hand goes onto his shoulder and we step to the classical slow music playing.
Our eyes look into each other and I'm the one to look away and move my hands so we can dance while I rest my head against his chest. His head slowly leans down onto mine and it feels like we've traveled back in time. I move my head again to look up at Loki and he looks down at me.
"I think we should talk." I begin, almost whispering the words that come out of my mouth.
"About what?"
Is he oblivious? "Are you going to make this hard for me?"
"I genuinely am not sure what you want to talk about."
"I want to talk about us," I say calmly.
"Let's go somewhere else," Loki says and starts leading me away from the dancefloor before I can say yes or no.
We sit down on a small sofa in the corner of the room, I know some keys are on us, especially the ones who know or suspect anything. I turn my eyes to Loki and sigh.
"Where should we start?"
Loki stares at me blankly, probably unsure what he should say.
"How about I start by saying sorry. I'm really sorry about we talked to each other, maybe we didn't say any horrible things to each other but I feel as though I shouldn't have raised my voice at you, and to be honest I should've respected your opinion but it is quite hard when I want it and you don't and it's our future that it affects and.." I'm about to start this rant going in circles about the children argument and shit but Loki put his hand on my knee.
"Y/N, slow down. Start over." He tells me.
I take a breath and start. "So I'm sorry for raising my voice at you and a tiny bit sorry for not respecting your opinion on kids." I shorten what I said earlier.
"I'm sorry and I'm going to be the first to say it, this might be ridiculous," He chuckles, "I want to try this thing again, us I guess."
A smile starts to break out on my face but I keep it in bounds and answer Loki. "I was hoping you would say that, even though I didn't expect you to say that I do agree that we should give us another go."
"I'm glad." Loki smiled, both of his palms on my knees now.
"Want to get back to dancing for a few before heading to bed?" I stand up and hand out my hand to Loki. He takes it and without a word, we're back into each other's arms and even though when I think about it that conversation didn't resolve anything except that we want to get back together, not that we ever stopped being together, I'm back to being comfortable and happy.
Once people start to pour into their rooms I and Loki follow, but today Loki found out that there is a spare mattress in a closet, Loki asked if I'd be more comfortable sleeping on the mattress than in the bed and I nodded so he went to go get me a mattress, what a gentleman I smile and soon I'm in bed closing my eyes to find out how exhausted I actually was.