1

❝𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒅, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝑨𝒍𝒍𝒂𝒉 𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒐 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒅. 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝑨𝒍𝒍𝒂𝒉 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒓𝒔.❞

(Surah Al-Anfal:30)

"We're over." Aiman looked ahead, her face held no emotion. She was waiting for him to make any reaction, her heartbeat was racing with every second of his silence. She flinched when he laughed all of a sudden but she made sure her face had no emotion on it.

Shyan didn't feel anything other than humour hearing her words, she is pranking him. Pausing in between the laugh, he concluded, "So that's the reason behind you ignoring my calls?" He continued laughing.

Swallowing her grief, she turned to look at her friend, Asna who was standing a little away from her as she instructed her to. She wanted privacy when she let him know that they do not have a future together. She cleared her throat still, her voice coming out croaked, " I'm not joking."

For a moment, he stopped laughing as he turned his attention back to the love of his life. He examined her face, there was nothing but seriousness. Impatiently, he waited for her to laugh and tell him it was a joke, a prank but nothing came. Oh, one thing did come; a teardrop in her eyes which he despised the most.

Asna was praying for a good reaction but knew it was not possible from the situation her friend was in. Shyan Ahmed was well known for his anger issues. Once anger overpowers his senses, nothing could calm him even his own family. Aiman did tame his anger sometimes but this time, there is no place for hope as she herself will be the reason for his anger.

Swallowing, he looked at her, "Say you are kidding." She bit her lips not having an answer for him. That was not true! She did have an answer but chose not to utter it knowing it will bring the worst out of him. When her silence became unbearable, he shouted, "Say something, damn it!"

With a shaky breath, she said, softly, "I'm married, Shyan."

It took him minutes to realize the meaning behind her words. No, this cannot happen. This is not good for them, for the future they made plans, together. They are damned! Their dreams are damned! Everything is damned! Anger covered his eyes, his nose flared and his jaws, it was clenched together as if he was trying to control himself. He gritted his teeth, pulling her closer to him, "Repeat!"

She trembled under his death grip. She tried her best not to break down, she wanted to be strong to face this but she was not, she hardly had the guts in her to see hatred in his eyes. She didn't know who to blame in all this. Maybe it was her misfortune or the punishment for the something she committed that all the happiness and love among them have to turn into something they never wished them to be.

She wet her lips before raising her eyes to meet his. Oh, if this is not painful what could be? The look of betrayal in his eyes, it was poking at her heart but she was also betrayed by the cruel games of destiny. She knew no matter what, they have to get done with each other else she won't be able to stay loyal to her husband who was forced upon her. She was not interested in her husband and the same went for the latter but she knew that meeting Shyan after marrying someone else is beyond her morals and she would do anything but stake her morals. She has to get done with it and it is best when it is sooner! She agreed with her thoughts before turning to him with determination.