9

Abu Dharr narrated that the Messenger of Allah said :

❝𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒃𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒔 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒚, 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒃𝒊𝒅𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒍 𝒊𝒔 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒚, 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒅𝒊𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒂 𝒎𝒂𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒔 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖. 𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂 𝒎𝒂𝒏 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒃𝒂𝒅 𝒔𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖, 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒗𝒂𝒍 𝒐𝒇 𝒂 𝒓𝒐𝒄𝒌, 𝒂 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓𝒏 𝒐𝒓 𝒂 𝒃𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒐𝒂𝒅 𝒊𝒔 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖. 𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒑𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒔 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒃𝒖𝒄𝒌𝒆𝒕 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒖𝒄𝒌𝒆𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒃𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒔 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖.❞

(Jami' at-Tirmidhi 1956)

"Tum cheez badi hai mast," Rabiya was chirping a song happily when her sister-in-law entered the room without permission

"Tum cheez badi hai mast," Rabiya was chirping a song happily when her sister-in-law entered the room without permission. She didn't pay attention to the shadow hovering over her as she was busy with the notes in her hands. Grinning at the precious notes, she mumbled, "Thank God Aiman Bhabi didn't try to be a part else I would have to share this."

"Who told you don't have to share?" Zoya watched the startled look on her sister-in-law's face, with her brows raised.

Rabiya furrowed, "None was by my side when I was bidding with Bhai." With a hard face, she nodded, "Yes! It was the poor me who raised the fifty thousand to seventy five thousand. You don't know how stingy Bhai is when it comes to his money. No one helped me during the deal, so it will be me alone who would enjoy this."

"Keep dreaming," Zoya deadpanned. Glaring at the scowl on her sister-in-law's face, she stated, "He gave you the money for me. Moreover, the ritual should be done by the bride's side which was not what actually happened. So, give me my share." She extended her hand, waggling her index finger.

The latter gasped, "This is not fair! He is your husband, you should ask from him." Her eyes feigned innocence as she decided to keep a cute pout on her lips.

With a tight lipped smile, Zoya said, "That's not going to work on me, darling." Letting go of the forge smile, she eyed the bundle of notes, "Hurry up! Place a 25000 here."