3

❝𝑲𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑨𝒍𝒍𝒂𝒉 𝒊𝒔 𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒔, 𝒔𝒐 𝒃𝒆𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝑯𝒊𝒎.❞

(Surah Al-Baqarah:235)

Aiman was grateful for the gentleness Asfandyar showed to her mother

Aiman was grateful for the gentleness Asfandyar showed to her mother. She knew his promise was empty but the sight of her mother getting relaxed hearing his empty words gave serenity to her restless mind

"Was I cold to you?" He looked at her, waiting for her answer.

She turned to him perplexed.

No. you were not, you were a jerk only!

She wanted to scream those words at him but she didn't. If he is trying to nice with her, she should corporate.

But why the hell is being nice now?

"I don't know!" She uttered, leaning onto the window, gazing at the moving surroundings from the car.

She wanted him to find the answer himself because if she opens her mouth, her words would be nothing but honest and it would hurt the ego of the man near her. She was heartbroken when she married him, the fact she lost her rights on Shyan tormented her delicate heart. The ignorant behavior of her husband acted like a salt on her wound and she suffered it all alone. She had a hope that her husband would help her block the thoughts of her ex-lover but the man reminded her of him only as he kept looking at his love's photo with longing eyes.

If it were not for Zoya who spent her precious time, conversing with her, she would have gone into depression or anything worse than that. Her mental state at the time of her marriage was worse and now, she is trying to find tranquility around her, greedily.

She shifted her attention to her husband as she felt him trying to start a conversation. She didn't push him instead watched him, struggling with his words in silence. She blinked when he moved the car to the roadside, stopping it.

Asfandyar turned to her, anticipatingly, "Can we start it all over again." His wife was numb hearing him. He reached her hand with his and softly placed it over his, "I wish to give us a chance." He waited for her to give him a reply but his wife was busy processing his words. Not wanting her to misinterpret his intention, he clarified, "I don't want to regret later thinking how things would have been if I gave a chance to this relation."

He patiently waited for her to verbalize the words that were in her mind and got baffled when she asked what he least expected, "What about your girlfriend?"

At the mention of her, he smiled, gloomily, "She left me."

She gasped, "I'm sorry." Abruptly, a thought came in her mind, what if he is planning to avenge on the woman like Shyan was trying to do to her? If possible, she will try her best to defend the woman's side. "Do you hate her?"