18

❝𝑴𝒚 𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒄𝒚 𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒔 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈.❞

(Surah Al A'raf:156)

When Shyan was entering the room, his wife was playing with a bat

When Shyan was entering the room, his wife was playing with a bat. Confused, he walked in further and peeped in to have a view of her opponent. Finding none, he furrowed, has she gone mad or what?

He facepalmed when a sharp crack came from the bat followed by his wife's evil laugh, "I told you, mister, this is your last day?" Taking the fallen mosquito by its wing, she placed it on a corner where more mosquitoes lied lifeless. Pointing to one of the lifeless body, she said, innocently, "See, I'm a good human. I didn't let your child be an orphan. Be grateful!"

Shyan watched her in amusement, this girl is a pure entertainment!

When another mosquito buzzed near her ear, "What? Wanna join your nana-nani? (grandfather-grandmother)" With an easy smile, she chirped, "I'm happy if you are, my love!" she ran the bat near her head and one snap was heard.

"Can I join you?" Shyan asked looking at the dead bodies and his wife.

Startled by the intrusion, she turned to him. Finding his hand empty, she asked, "Where's the envelope?"

"Oh, the address was wrong!" he shrugged.

She hummed, moving the bat in the air, carelessly.

"Did you talk with Asfandyar or Bhabhi?" he enquired, curious for a positive reply.

"Yeah! You were right. I was overreacting then, nothing much happened! Bhabi was missing her Mom." She chuckled to herself.

"That's all?" Shyan asked in disbelief. His performance cannot go waste!

"Yeah! Why do you look so sad? Was it something else you were expecting?" She narrowed her eyes, analyzing his face.

"Uh- No-no. I was feeling sad for Aiman Bhabi. If you ever miss your family, tell me at that instant, ok? Don't be hesitant to express yourself." He looked at her with an assuring face.

Listening to him, she grabbed her phone from the stand and looked at its screen before making a dramatic face, "Baba Sahab, Khush Khabri hai! Apko achha damad mila hai!" (Good news, Dad! You got a good Son-in-law!"

Shyan smiled, knowing his lie was convincing enough for his wife.

Remembering her game, she raised her brows at him, "Mr Shyan Raees Ahmed, do you have the courage to play against me?"

He laughed, "Why not?" He frowned at the mosquito buzzing around his ear, "I paid my fortune on this stupid room to hear this bloody song? Let me see the manager!"

Zoya smiled sheepishly, "You know, I opened the windows!"

"You know, the surrounding was supposed to be kept clean," He mimicked her pitch.