26

❝ 𝑰𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒆𝒅, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒓𝒆𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒂𝒄𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒕. ❞

(Surah Az-Zumar:10)

"You write poetries?"

Shyan felt paralyzed at the question. How should he answer this question? He turned to his father-in-law and smiled, hiding his nervousness.

"Accha! Mujhe ek shayari sunao phir, (Really? I'd like to hear your poetry then)" Abdul-Rehman's excited eyes were doing wonders on Shyan. From the moment they met, the old man was so happy and approachable - the exact opposite of how he usually was with others. Hell! He never looked this calm with his Shehzadi even!

"It takes time," Shyan didn't met the latter's eagle like eyes.

Abdul-Rehman smiled widely at that, "I've time." Analyzing Shyan's face, he uttered, "Ashiqui."

The latter looked at him in dread, "What?"

Watching the effect of the name on Shyan, Abdul-Rehman explained, "I'd like to hear a shayari about Ashiqui."

"Aasaan naheen yahaan aashiq ho jaanaa
Palkon pe kaanton ko sajaanaa
Aashiq ko miltee hain gham ki saugaatein
Sabko na miltaa ye khazaanaa

(It's not easy to be a lover here
To adorn thorns on eyelids
A lover get gifts of sorrows
Not everyone gets this treasure)"

As soon as he finished, Abdul-Rehman made a smile which barely reached his eyes. "Ashiqui 2 was the film, right?"

Annoyed with the awkwardness, Shyan gritted out, "Yes, I guess." His annoyance knew no limit when the old man pronounced the name again. To his surprise, this time, the man actually pronounced his fear.

"Ashiqui Sultan- Do you know him?"

"I think I heard the name from Zoya," Shyan lied.

Abdul-Rehman nodded before opening his jacket. Taking some photographs from his pocket, he gave one of them to Shyan who was looking at the picture dumbfounded in which he was seen sitting on a rock with the Ashiqui Sultan near him.

゚☆゚.*・◕.♡。゚✿ °

"When will I fall for him?" Zoya wondered looking at their wedding picture. The man had made a confession about his love in front of her family but she hadn't. Ugh! She doesn't even have an idea how to recognise her feelings. People say you feel butterflies in your stomach at the sight of your love and here she is with a whole zoo partying inside her at his closeness. Five months passed since their wedding and she is still confused about her feelings! Can she be for real?

She looked up when the door to her room opened displaying her husband. The smile that adorned her lips soon changed into a gasp as she noticed the decorations her father made on her husband's face, "You got into a fight?"