12

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, ❝𝑰𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘, 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒍𝒂𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉.❞

(Sahih al-Bukhari 6486)

"Assalamu alaikum," Shyan greeted, seeing Asfandyar appearing from the door

"Assalamu alaikum," Shyan greeted, seeing Asfandyar appearing from the door. His smile wavered when the smile was not returned.

"Wa alaikumussalam." Asfandyar gave a curt nod to him before staring into his eyes intensely.

Munching on the samosa she stole from the kitchen, Zoya grinned as she saw her brother, "Bhai!" Pushing the remaining samosa in to her mouth, she hugged him, "Aiheeeheehooo!"

Breaking the hug, Asfanfyar asked, "What?"

"I didn't miss you!"

Rolling his eyes, he pulled her into a hug, "Thank you for missing me." Separating himself from his sister, he said, sarcastically, "I'm flattered!"

Rehman placed his hand over Shyan's shoulder, "I hope she is not giving you a hard time."

Instantly, Shyan masked his scowl with a charming smile, "Oh no, Uncle. How could you think like that? She is that missing fragment I always wished to have in my life."

Rehman's heart swelled with joy, listening to his words. He didn't do wrong by marrying off his daughter to this young man. It is not that he didn't trust Shyan but like every father, he also had the same fear. What if his daughter is not treated properly at her in-laws, the thought was dreadful to a father. Clearing his throat, he let out his fear in the form of words, "Is my daughter happy with you?"

The latter shrugged, "I guess that's a question only your daughter could answer." His head turned to Asfandyar instantly when Zoya queried,

"Bhai, where is Bhabi?"

Asfandyar sighed, "She is sleeping in the room."

Bringing the plates of samosas and pakoras, Rehana Siddiqui interrupted, "She should be resting now. After all, the girl was doing all the house chores like a machine. She even skipped her classes!"

"If I was in Bhabhi's place, I could imagine Mom badmouthing me for making her do all the chores alone," Zoya deadpanned.

"Why won't I? I got such a sloth for a daughter!" Rehana huffed. Turning to her daughter, she commanded, "Now, come, help me with the dishes." With that, the woman started walking towards the kitchen but stopped on her tracks, listening to her daughter's loud words which were directed to her.