8

❝𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑫𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝑭𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒍 𝑫𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂𝒍𝒍. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑫𝒂𝒚 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒂 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒏𝒐 𝒂𝒗𝒂𝒊𝒍 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒏𝒐𝒓 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒃𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒑𝒆𝒅.❞

(Surah Ad-Dukhan:40-41)

Zoya looked around her new room

Zoya looked around her new room. Her head and eyes were hurting from her weeping. Now, her tears have calmed but the pain in her heart didn't. Maybe, she will get fine in some days but it was not fair! Only women leave their home not men! She shook her head, trying to clean her head from these thoughts. Her eyes wandered through the pictures on the wall, they were her husband's. He in the pictures looked strikingly handsome that it almost hurt! She looked on covetously, why doesn't she get such pictures of herself! Of course, she is beautiful but the people who have to capture her beauty has not yet realized when is the perfect moment to click on that Damned capture button.

Her heart diddered when the door knob turned. She closed her eyes tightly, praying for the impossible, Oh Allah, please don't let it be him. She opened her eyes quickly hearing his voice.

"Noor, you okay?"

Offended with the name, she snapped, "Don't you like my name?"

He blinked, "Yes. Why did you ask so?"

"Why cannot you call me by that?" She thought of her father, "Dad loves my name! Zoya means life." She educated him.

Shyan was amused from her words. Facing his wife on the bed, he agreed, "He mentioned you as a blessing once." He observed the grin taking over her lips, he won't have to work much on her. All he need was to take her father's name, she will be flattered. It was the first thing he got to know about his wife, she is crazy for her Dad who is dying! He felt bad the woman didn't know about her father's deteriorating health but he partially agreed with the man's prediction. The man was dying and seeing the saddened faces of his family will only add to his miseries.

Pushing the thoughts of the old man away, he added, "As I said, Noor means light and you are the light in my life. I hope you won't be glum with the name." He was observing the changes on her face, keenly. He was satisfied when she nodded listening to his words. He was stressed when she went silent again, what now? Noticing the tension rising behind her charcoal shaded eyes, he blinked in assurance, "Hey, calm down. We are not doing that if that's what making you nervous!"

She didn't know what actually worked on her anxiety, she found her fear lessening. Trying to believe his words, she blinked, this was not how she heard about her classmate's wedding night but his words actually felt sincere, "Do you really like me?"