7

❝𝑬𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒆, 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒑𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒆𝒔, 𝒓𝒆𝒋𝒐𝒊𝒄𝒊𝒏𝒈.❞

(Surah Az-Zukhruf:70)

"Qubool hai," she said for the last time

"Qubool hai," she said for the last time. It was difficult to utter those words from her trembling lips. The thought of leaving her family for some other man she hardly knew was scary. Swallowing the fear down, her eyes looked into her father's eyes which had tears in them. Why is he crying now? It was him who wanted this sudden marriage and now, he is crying out a river. What happened? Did she die? She didn't let any emotion in her eyes as she stared into her father's eyes which were glistening with tears.

She looked at the faces of her family who had a sad yet happy face as they prayed for her future. No one stood against her father's decision of marrying her off in the soonest date he could find. She was disappointed with his brother, she expected him to say a word against it but he didn't. She didn't feel much about her mother, she was that typical wife who obeyed her husband's words. There is no need of being upset with her, it was her ancestors which molded her into a submissive wife. At that point, Zoya felt grateful that her parents never tried to push such imbecility into her head.

Trying to hold back the scream which was plotting its way out of her mouth, she let her eyes wander through the faces of the people in the room. Her eyes stopped at the old man who had an exultant smile on his lips. Why won't he be happy? After all, his son got a polite and outstanding wife. She huffed at her thoughts but externally, she forced out a smile. As much as she hated to admit, the groom's family felt more welcoming to her than her own. How ironic it is!

She didn't care to look at the man to whom she gave entry into her blissful life. When she found it hard to control her feelings, she lowered her eyes, trying to blink back the tears. Within seconds, a lone tear escaped her tears. A stubborn thing it is! She grimaced. Before she could bring her hand up to her cheek, one hand had reached the tear drop, wiping it away with his thumb. She flinched at the touch of his hard hand against her cheeks which was covered with thick layer of makeup. Slowly, she looked at him but his eyes were somewhere else.

Shyan was enjoying the dread in the deceiving woman's eyes but the surprised eyes of his wife had him tear his eyes away from her. He turned to Zoya who had uncertainty and hesitance in her honey brown orbs, "Tears don't look good in these eyes." He had the sudden urge to smirk when the hesitance in her eyes dulled down. Taking the context, he satisfied himself with a smile which feigned assurance. He didn't know the woman would be so easy.

Asfandyar came forward and kneeled in front of his sister, he cared less about the guests who were gawking at them. Placing his hand over his sister's, he uttered her name, "Zoe." Ignoring the tenderness of his eyes, she moved her hand away from his. Her action did surprise him but he was not shocked. He knew about his sister's melancholy and it made him feel bad but he trusted his father with his sister's future. Hearing slow whispers from the crowd, he groaned and looked at his cousin who was one among the crowd.