4

❝ 𝑰𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒆𝒅, 𝑨𝒍𝒍𝒂𝒉 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒉𝒂𝒃𝒊𝒕𝒖𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒅𝒆𝒄𝒆𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒓.❞

(Surah An-Nisa:107)

Aiman stood in a corner, looking at the man, in horror

Aiman stood in a corner, looking at the man, in horror. What did he mean? A proposal? She looked at Shyan appalled. For Zoya? She shook her head, warning him not to do the imbecility. She composed herself when she felt her husband's gaze shifting to her.

The sudden proposal for his sister came like a bomb on him. His sister grew up! It was the first thought that crossed his mind, and then he found himself disturbed, he was not ready to marry off his sister, he was not tired of seeing her doing things vacuously. Her presence was like fresh air and here, these people are at his home asking to give her to them?

"Is she the girl?" Zeeniya Raees Ahmed pointed to Aiman, who looked at her bewildered.

Asfandyar placed his hand over her shoulder and announced, "She is my wife."

Shyan glared at the hand over her shoulder. He wanted her to feel uncomfortable with the hand, but she moved closer to the owner of the hand, cozily. A beguiler she is! With a tight smile, he turned to his mother, "Yes, Ma. She is his wife." It was difficult to verbalize those words, She was supposed to be his wife!

His mother looked at Asfandyar and Aiman, apologetically, "Sorry, I didn't know." The two gave a curt nod at her. Though there was no warmth in her husband's face, Aiman made sure to pull a smile, at least she tried to.

"You and Zoe love each other?" Asfandyar asked, looking at Shyan, not caring to give any importance to the elders in the room. He looked at his mother who left for the kitchen to bring the snacks for the guests before turning his attention back to the young man who found himself compatible enough to marry his sister.

Shyan knew it was the time to show off his flair. He looked down, acting shy before declaring, "I- I don't know about Zoya, but I'm in love with her." His sister who sat near him gasped seeing the blush on her brother's face, is she dreaming?

"That's it?" Asfandyar frowned, it didn't feel right. Only he had a liking, still, he brought his family to ask for her hand. He didn't even try to propose to her? Is he living in this century? He looked at his mother whose face lit up hearing the man's words and rolled his eyes. Of course, she would be happy. After all, he was the kind of man she looked for her daughter. A sweet and humble one!

"I wanted to make things halal," Shyan mumbled, looking around awkwardly. Aiman gritted her teeth, watching the actions of the man. Asfandyar internally groaned seeing the light on his mother's face. It looked like, she would marry her daughter to the man at the very moment.

Shyan's family looked at him shocked, he was the least religious one in the family, and look, who is talking about halal and haram? He tried his best to control the urge to scowl at them as they surveyed him with their mouths agape.