Author's note

24.05.2021

Well hi there, and welcome to the thousandth fanfiction which crosses my mind...

I rarely write fanfics, let alone publish them or show them to anyone, but there are always loads of them going on in my brain. I got around to writing this one because it was stuck in my mind and I wanted to get it out, but all I managed to do was get it even more stuck in my mind so, well, here we go...

I based my story on the 1998 CATS movie, as well as a video on Youtube where Jacob Brent (playing Mistoffelees in the movie) explained his own interpretation of the story, but I have made changes, kept the ideas I liked, modified the personnality and backstory of some of the cats, and invented other elements. I am aware that CATS is a musical which is extremely open to interpretation and everyone has its own version of it. This is my own interpretation, based on things I might have heard or read, so even if you disagree with some elements, please accept that you are entering my world of CATS.

Another complex thing about writing a CATS fanfic is deciding whether the cats have a feline or human shape. I decided on a mix of both. So, sometimes you'll see the cats doing things that they normally can't - like taking hands - as well as things humans can't do - like climbing high things or running on all fours. Please just make an acceptation effort and enjoy the story nevertheless.

This is the first book out of at least two, but I don't know yet how many there will be. It all depends on how quickly I get tired of writing this, I guess. At the moment, I have over 40 chapters written already (that's this complete book and about two thirds of a second one), and I'll be posting one each week if I can remember to keep it up.

Also, this was initially written just to put down some random scenes I had in my mind, so it may be not as well-written as my usual standards. So, sorry if something is unclear or seems incoherent. In addition, English is not my first language, so I may make mistakes. If you see any, please don't hesitate to tell me.

I have said it in the summary, but I guess a little reminder never hurts: the Jellicle cats and song lyrics do not belong to me. The Moonlit cats, however, as well as Eriva, are my own OCs. If you wish to use them for any purposes, please ask me first.

And of course, credits go to the wonderful @-CLXRISSA- for the cover!

I think I've said everything. If you like my work, please let me know and don't hesitate to share the story!

And with that, I'll stop bothering you... Here we go. Hope you like it.

Lys